Thursday, April 3, 2014

Runway Inspired Birthday ~

b90fb7e602bbdb5eb1ff5185bc8e7bd2Hey all!  Lil’ Inker Designs is sponsoring this weeks Runway Inspired Challenge, and I couldn’t help myself – I just had to play along!

I also found myself in need of a birthday card, so I pulled out a set that I didn’t use from the latest LID release, Spot On Spring.  Perfect timing too since the challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp is Happy Birthday

I used some old gridline paper to create a colorful, busy pattern inspired by the RIC challenge image.  The best thing about this set is that it’s a companion to the Darling Diamonds and Spot On sets!  Perfect when I needed a gray to ground all the color.

lid spring spot

The colors are all Hero Arts – Pale Tomato, Fresh Peach, Mint Julep, Soft Pool & Soft Granite.  The On the Diagonal die left the perfect spot to add a big focal sentiment.  It also kind of mimics the LOVE word bubble with the dark line following it on the dress.  It is pieced from Spot On Spring and Sugar Kissed Cottage: Surprise!  I use that birthday sentiment a ton because of it’s size and will be using it even more now.  Don’t you just love the mixture of the fonts?! 

lid spring spot flowerI can’t get enough of the Spring Flowers dies.  I simply adore that flower shape!  The button center doesn’t have a flat back though, so I had to punch holes in the flower centers to fit it through.  I fluffed up the petals by scoring along the stitch line and folding them a bit.  One last addition is a sweet little vellum butterfly with baker’s twine antennae from the new Stitched Butterflies.

Thanks for bopping on by!  Hope you’re all having a wonderful week! 

 

Alyssa

10 comments:

Laura Pryor said...

SO pretty!

Annette Allen said...

wow I totally love this..

Teresa Kline said...

hi Alyssa! this si precious, I so luv your design and the flower is sweeeeet! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Alyssa, a lovely design and fabulous papers - your slanted sentiment and stunning flower are perfect!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Birthday challenge
hugs
Heather xx

candlesinthegarden said...

Alyssa, this is such a beautiful background! Gorgeous colours and great use of dies from Lil Inkers Designs! Thanks for sharing with us at Runway Inspired Challenge ;-)

Wida said...

hero arts inks are awesome! love the pretty flower :)

Donna Cala said...

A totally WOW card!!! I love everything about the card -- the colors, the stamps used, the diagonal layout, the diecuts. I will be looking at this card all day.

Joni nina Andaya said...

So pretty!!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Gorgeous card!! My team and I had so much fun playing around with Lil' Inker goodies...and I'm glad you were able to make a card for the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

Danielle Flanders said...

What a fun background, love it!