Saturday, March 15, 2014

Last one, I swear ~

At least for a while anyway!  Feather card that is…I just couldn’t stop with the feathers!  This is another of the sympathy cards that I needed.  I also played along with the watercoloring challenge on Virginia’s View Challenge.  It’s her first challenge and it’s taking off like crazy!

feather symp

I started by heat embossing the feather and sentiment on watercolor paper.  I then just started blending some mellow colors from the metallic watercolor set that I’ve been playing with a ton.  Funny thing is that I’ve had this set for probably 6 years and used it once, totally forgot about it and pulled it out with the new craze that has hit stamping nation.

feather symp d

This is a better shot of the shimmer – very pretty in real life.  I think I may have to give this challenge another go with actual watercolors bc these are thick and somewhat hard to work with. 

Thanks for looking!  Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!!

 

Alyssa

5 comments:

Virginia Lu said...

I am LOVING the rich and gorgeous colors, Alyssa! The gold embossing is such a great addition with your gorgeous water-colored background! So glad that you share your talent with the first Virginia's View Challenge! PS: Thanks for helping this challenge taking off like crazy....yup, it's a good crazy though :)

Virginia Lu said...

I realized that this is not gold -embossed..it must be all that rich colors and shimmers that fooled me! My apology on my previous comment.

Tenia Nelson said...

GORGEOUS!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

So beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

hey girl.. hope all is well with you.. this card is amazing.. always a fan..