Thursday, February 20, 2014

Trends with Wplus9 Designs ~

Wplus9 Designs is turning 3 and having a large celebration for the entire month of February.  The challenge this week is to make a card using Wplus9 products and one of the trends showcased.  I actually made this card on Sunday for the last challenge – Step it up by adding dimension.  Unfortunately, I completely missed the deadline because I’m a ditz.  Lucky for me, I actually did a couple of trendy things on this card, so I don't have to miss posting it to their challenge!  I used misting and metallics.

I chose to work with Fanciful Feathers and Borders & Backgrounds I which is an Ikat set.  I wanted an elegant, classic color combo of cream, black, gold and kraft. 

feather friends

feather friends glitterSo I pulled out a mist I’ve had for a few years – Memento Fireworks in Desert Sand.  I saturated the largest feather die cut (the one in the back) a few times.  The strange thing about this mist is that is has turned kind of green over time. 

The next feather is scribbled with the Sakura Stardust pen and then I used an aquapainter to spread the glitter around.  The last feather is stamped with various distress inks and painted with the aquapainter as well.  I went back through and added more detail and dimension with distress markers and the glitter pen.  Nice and sparkly!

Lots of twine, a button and a sweet sentiment = my kind of card.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

 Alyssa

3 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Alyssa, I RIDICULOUSLY love this card!! STUNNING design and I LOVe the feathers and the glimmer!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Perfect feather card! PERFECT!

Wida said...

Can i say that I prefer the effect on this feather csrd? I think it's the glittrr