Monday, February 17, 2014

Quilted Happy ~

cozy quiltHi there!  Thought I’d bop in with a card I made yesterday combining two of my favorite challenges: CAS-ual Fridays CFC:128 So Long and Curtain Call Challenge: Cozy Quilt.  The bonus on this one is that Lil’ Inker Designs is sponsoring the Curtain Call Challenge with a $30 gift certificate to the store, so you should definitely play along!

I had to play along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge because two of my best crafty girlfriends are on this team.  It’s the last challenge for most of the team members, so the challenge is to make a long card that also says farewell.  I made a 3x6 card for the long part of the challenge and took a different spin on the adios part.  So many times, people have to choose to leave a DT to move on to different challenges for themselves.  I chose to say, So happy for you with Congratulations on this inside.  This also makes it a more versatile card to have in my stash!  ha ha ha

lid ccc quilt 

I used some patterns and colors from the inspiration photo as the jump off point. I used the Pieced Chevrons Cover Up plate and pieced all the pattern paper together.  The sentiment is from Rainbow & Clouds sentiments {as is the Congratulations on the inside.}  I use this set a lot – the font is perfectly lighthearted and the sentiments are customize-able.  Just a few enamel dots and this simple card is finished!  I think I really like this size too…perfect for sending a little money along to someone you’re proud of. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you have a wonderful day!! 

 

Alyssa

8 comments:

Cornelia W said...

Great quilt you created!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card, Miss Lady!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!! :)

Christi Conley said...

A beautiful card as always - so creative :)

Alice Wertz said...

beautiful patterned chevron! fabulous card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Ooh, I'm loving this one! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the chevrons and the papers you used. The design works perfectly for a long card. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

~amy~ said...

LOVE this...awesome work!

Wida said...

Is that OA paper?!