Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Papertrey Ink February Blog Hop ~

Hey there!  I’m playing along with the Papertrey Ink February 2014 Blog Hop Challenge where the theme is spring!  I pulled on some of the pretty colors in the inspiration pic – blue skies and purple crocuses – to make my first card. 
feather bday
The background is colored with Distress Inks – Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord and Tumbled Glass – on watercolor paper and then spritzed with Shimmerz spray in pearl.  It’s a very subtle but very pretty effect.  Here’s a close up
feather shimmer
I think the twine, twig, feathers and sentiment flag give this an almost dream catcher quality.  The sentiments on both cards are from PTI’s Through the Trees.  I made another card with exactly the same layout but in a more subdued tone.  Unfortunately, I need sympathy cards this week because my aunt passed away.  Instead of boring you all with another post to show the same card, I’ll just show it here.  However, this does mean you’ll probably get another post with sympathy cards this week.
feather sympathy
This background uses the emboss resist technique.  The script stamp is clear embossed on watercolor paper and blended with more Distress inks – Fired Brick, Shabby Shutters and Vintage Photo. 
feather emboss resist
The extra detail on this one is that the twig die cut is cut from wood veneer paper.  I love that stuff.  I don’t know why Michael’s only carried it for a millisecond and discontinued it.  Lame.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have fun along the hop!

Alyssa

8 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards! Love the backgrounds and the feathers on vellum - dreamy for sure. So sorry about your aunt's passing.

Lisa Petrella said...

WOW! Alyssa, these are absolutely GORGEOUS!! Those backgrounds are stunning!! I am in love with every single detail in the beauties!!! FABULOUS work!!!

Sorry to hear about your aunt. Sending (((HUGS))).

Annheidel said...

Love the vellum feathers!

Kristy Vernon said...

Very beautiful cards! I love the feathers embossed on the vellum.

Leigh Penner said...

Gorgeous cards! I love how you added the banner sentiment to the feathers!

Christi Conley said...

Love that you made 2 different cards with the same "look" - so sorry about your aunt's passing :( xoxo

Wida said...

Those are pretty feathers I must say! Love the watercolor ed background

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Woman, I think these are probably the most beautiful feather cards ever! The backgrounds are amazing!