Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Lil’ Inker Designs New Member Reveal Hop ~

Hi there!  Welcome to the January Lil’ Inker Designs hop!  We’re here celebrating our new additions to the team – Heather Campbell, Kristin Foreman and Maureen Merritt!  WooHoo!  What an amazing group of talented, sweet ladies! 

SS100

 

So whilst trolling around Pinterest the other day for some inspiration, I came across a beautiful card and thought to myself, “Hmmm, I could use Lil’ Inkers Modern Mehndi stamps and dies to make a version of this card…”  Upon closer inspection, I realized that it’s my new teamies card!!  How fun!  So I thought I’d just go ahead and CASE her beautiful creation with an LID twist.

 

 

I used the negative pieces from the Stitches and Stripes cover up die over a piece of vellum to create the background.  The sentiment is from Rainbow and Clouds and was chosen to say Congrats to these ladies for joining the best design team on the planet!  

lid congrats

The flowers and leaves are stamped and clear embossed.  I chose a Copic to add a little extra shading inside some of the details.  Looking at it now, I wish I would’ve added some white gel accents, but I can always go back!  Haha! 

There you have it!  Congratulations!!  I’m excited to be on this wonderful team with all of you and can’t wait to get to know you better!  You should’ve arrived here from the wonderful Alicia’s blog, but you can head on back to the dynamic Laura’s blog to get started off right if not.  Your next stop on the hop is Amazing Amy!  Don’t forget to comment along the way and welcome the newbies for your chance at a gift certificate to the store.  Also in honor of this hop, Lil’ Inker Designs is having a sale  Gotta love that!

LID 15 Off Sale Ad

 

Alyssa

30 comments:

ScrapaDiddle said...

What a pretty card! Very creative!

Heather North said...

I've been following Maureen for years and love her style. You couldn't have picked a better person to CASE and you did a fabulous job on your own card. Thank you for this fun hop.

McStamper said...

Beautiful card.

Katherine said...

Fab card. I love the diaganol design. :)

Shirley A. said...

Wow, beautiful card. Love the colors and diagonal tilt!!!

Maureen Merritt said...

I can't believe you CASEd my card, what an honor and a big surprise. I absolutely love it with Lil Inker products!! Excited to be working with you :)

Lisa H. said...

oooo! soooo prettty! love the colors you used and the great diagonal dies (I'm ordering those!). thanks for sharing.

Brenda in IN said...

That is so great that you cased your team mates card. You did a wonderfu job with your flowers and I love the vellum.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Gorgeous card Alyssa! Love those stripes on the soft vellum, and the flowers oh so beautiful! TFS

wendy said...

GORGEOUS CARD those flowers are so beautiful

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your CASE of Maureen's card, that is one of my all time favorites of hers. Beautiful!!!

Gaylynn said...

Hooray. This is a beautiful floral design. Lovin' the diagonals. :)

Donna Cala said...

Gorgeous! I just pinned you, and, lucky me, I own the Mehndi set.

Anja (scrappie) said...

Wow this is really awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Amy McCue said...

Wow, a great case of a great card!

canadian_liner said...

What goes around, comes around, Alyssa. Gotta love that about the internet/Pinterest/blogland, etc. I love your innovation on the card you found--even more clean and graphic. Happy new team!

cm said...

Absolutely delightful! Love Lil'Inkers!!
c

Mary-Anne V said...

That's pretty funny how you stumbled upon this inspiration for your card. I love your version with the vellum and clear embossed flowers.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute, great case

Larissa Heskett said...

Yep!! A BEAUTIFUL Design forsure!! LOVE everything about it!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful. I love the look of those Mehndi flowers embossed.

Bev Karolak said...

Love your card! I'm yet to use my Mehndi flowers set. Thanks for some inspiration. :)

erin lee creative said...

Soooo pretty! Love that set, I think I need it. I love your diagonal design!

Lindsey said...

Alyssa, I love your CASE. It's amazing. And it's even more fun that you CASEd Maureen's card.

Houses Built of Cards said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE your take on the inspiration!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Barb Ghig said...

Such a beautiful card, Alyssa! I love the angled die cuts and how you added a little Copic coloring to the flowers...so pretty!

Sue D said...

Beautiful CASE of this card!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! I love all of the embossing!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Fabulous CASE! Beautiful card!

Laura Pryor said...

Alyssa, this is redonkulously great!!!! I LURVE it. Not love, but LURVE!
Laura