Saturday, January 11, 2014

Birthday Train ~

Chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga, choo-choo!!  Nothing like a train stamp set to say happy birthday to a sweet little 1 year old boy.  More of those wood stars on the front.  I love these things!  I colored them up with the Copics used to color the train.  The smoke puffs are colored in with a white gel pen.

jaxon 1st bday

I had nowhere to add birthday on the front, so I used the CAS-ual Fridays Shenanigans set to add it and a little extra to the inside.  I figured, he’s 1 so he’ll be making a mess and need to lick the frosting off the plate!  ha!  He was just like my boy – never had cake or frosting so really wasn’t into it! 

jaxon inside

Looking at this now, I wish I would’ve added ‘happy birthday’ along the train border punch, kinda make it look like the tracks or something.  This train set has been sitting unused ever since I bought it in June of 2011.  What?!?  That’s just plain crazy!  I always buy these sets thinking I’m going to scrapbook something cute and never do.  So pathetic!  I’m hoping that I’ll be able to craft a bit more once the store is up and running.  There will be lots to learn/re-learn and do but I’ll still need to get creative and crafty!  Maybe I’ll have better luck taking specific supplies for things I want to work on – like scrapbooking, or CAS cards to sell.  Only time will tell! 

Have a fantastic weekend, friends!  I’m off to get my hair dyed – it’s back to dark for this little lady! 

 

Alyssa

2 comments:

Chris said...

wicked cute!! never thought about coloring those little stars!! i love the inside sentiment!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow, this is wonderful! perfect design!