Thursday, January 9, 2014

Birthday Star ~

Hello!  I can’t believe this week has gone by so fast!  Every day, I’m at my store entering each and every bottle on the shelf into the new point of sale system, figuring prices, writing descriptions, adding vendors and scanning codes in.  It’s a very lengthy process and one that I’m regretting at the moment!  We could have been open back in November if I hadn’t insisted upon this system…I know I’ll be happy to have it once it’s all complete though.

Since I haven’t had much creative mojo flowing, I thought I’d show the card I made for my dad’s birthday last month.  It also fits in with the current Moxie Fab Challenge: Trendy Star Power.

dad bday 2013

I love blending distress inks…so easy to do and neat to see the colors melt together when spritzed with a little water.  I embossed the star chart and sentiment on watercolor paper.  The star trail is actually pointing to Sagittarius, which is my dad’s zodiac sign.  One of those fun little details that you have to have a microscope to see.  I blended about 5 different inks here, spritzed it with water and sprinkled it with salt.  I haven’t had much luck with this technique, so if I try it again, I will use a rock salt instead of table salt.  A few wooden stars as a little accent and voila!  Hope you’re having a splendid day!

 

Alyssa

7 comments:

Wida said...

This is a wida kinda card. Love the way the distress inks came out and how the wood stars compliment the scene.

Lisa Petrella said...

Awesome card, Alyssa! I love how the star trail is pointing to your dad's sign---such a super fun detail! And those distress inks are a gorgeous background for the embossed image and wooden embellies!!! Love it! At the expense of sounding like a complete idiot---what's your store?? I should probably know this, but I don't, and I want to!

Wendy said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the way those colors blend into each other.

Joni nina Andaya said...

This is Awesome Alyssa.... love the distressing on you card, so pretty!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I adore this card! I can't believe how many posts I have missed. I have this set so I can case this one!

Teri said...

Hi Alyssa!
Cool card!
Thanks for linking it up to the challenge!

Teri

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful work!
Laura