Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another Name for Love ~

gpa dad day 2013

Hi there!  Thought I’d stop in with this little ditty.  This uses tons of Lil’ Inker goodies – Stitched Mats Rectangles and Circles, Connected Circles, and Dad word dies. The connected circles die is the large scallop that is peeking out from behind the Dad panel.  I felt it need a little extra something once the entire card was assembled – you must imagine it without the circle cut out, button and twine. Since the soft stone mat is up on foam tape, I was able to slip a brad setting mat beneath the panel, center the circle die where I wanted it and hammer on the back of the die to cut that part out.  Does that even make sense?  I hope so!  I was cringing the entire time that I wouldn’t ruin my die!  I would not recommend this course of action.  You should totally lay your card out before applying adhesive LOL! 

My mother gave this to my grandpa for Father’s Day this past year.  Yes, I’m way behind on sharing this!  Seems to be the story of my blog life lately.  I haven’t even had time to step into my craft room lately – I’ve been consumed with the store.  BUT, I am headed there right now, so wish me luck!  I need to clear some cobwebs out of the mojo bank I think!

Have a super duper Sunday!!

Alyssa

5 comments:

Cathy said...

Gorgeous card, love these colours and layers. Great masculine card :) Cathy x

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card!! :)

Lisa Petrella said...

This is an awesome masculine card, Alyssa! That was a daring maneuver you pulled with your circle die, but what a fabulous way to round out the design!! (HA! No pun intended...just kinda happened.) Hope things are going well with the store!! And hope you're having LOTS of FUN with your crafty time!!! You so deserve a break to do something fun!!!

Jingle said...

This is super cute! I love the plaid peeking through!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I can totally CASE this one! WOOT!