Thursday, December 19, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 3 ~

Hey there!  Glad to have you back for the last day of this fantastic release hop for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  Hopefully you’ve found your way here from the amazing Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s to get started off right!! 

I have one more Valentine’s day inspired card to show you…though you could really give this card on any day of the year just to say ‘I love you!’

lid floating hearts

I made a shaker card!  I used the new Floating Hearts die, On the Diagonal and the Love Things stamp set.  A box of foam tape around the die cut along with a sheet of acetate holds the little metallic hearts in place.  The kisses and hugs form a border and the red sentiment adds just a little more red.  A perfect little way to tell someone how you feel!

Next is a birthday card I sent to my FIL.  A super fun set to play along with the stitched stars, if you so desire – Shiny Happy Sentiments

lid shiny happy

Completely out of my comfort zone because it’s all tilty, but I ended up loving it!  Since I think my Dad2 is Far Out, Stellar and Groovy in every way, this is the perfect sentiment!  To keep it more masculine, I added some stars and buttons and called it done.

Hope you’re having fun on the hop!  Make sure to leave comments for prizes!  Take a hop on to the amazing Amy next!

 

Alyssa

FloatingHeartsDieLoveThingsStampShinyHappyStamp

22 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! I just LOVE the idea of the shaker strip!! Such a neat look!! I LOVE both of your cards!! THANKS so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Holiday Season!! ;)

Karenladd said...

Your cards are so fresh and unique. Love the mix of die cut and stamping!

loulou said...

Great cards. Such fun designs. I love the shaker card with the floating hearts - brilliant idea

Donna Cala said...

Fantastic cards. I just received my stitched rectangles and am loving them. The "off angles" are so trendy; love the second card.

Sue D said...

Great cards. I like how you use the Floating Hearts die to make a shaker card.

Sharron said...

Wow, the shaker card with the Floating Hearts is awesome! And what a fabulous masculine card with the fun sentiment & stars!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great cards! Love the shaker card and the tilted/angled panels.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

oh, I love both of these! Fabulous!!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Oh my goodness, that shaker card is so cute. I love it!! I also love the colors you used on the second card, they seem very masculine and I would definitely give it to one of my nephews. tfs Patricia B

Tami B. said...

You get a big A+ for both of these.

cm said...

A dynamic duo of delight here! The shaker card is fantastic; the star card is perfect x 10000 for guys! Wonderful showcase of the new release!
c

Janis said...

Floating hearts as a shaker card....PERFECT!!! What a fun card!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMgosh these are fabulous, I love them.

Brenda Lee said...

Wow, both cards are fantastic! So creative.

Anja (scrappie) said...

Two great cards but I love the one with the stars. Thanks for showing.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Both cards are so unique! Love the fun shaker on the first and the design on the second. Fabulous job! TFS

Lindsey said...

Your cards have been amazing this release...these two included! Love the angles, and the shaker element is incredible!

Brenda in IN said...

Love that pink and kraft with a touch of red. So pretty. The father card is a great take on a man card.

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow these cards are great esp the shaker.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh - beautiful projects! LOVE the sequins behind the hearts!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow these are awesome! Love the shaker at a diagonal and I love the layering in your second card!

Laura Pryor said...

Love love the shaker!!! Brilliant! And I love what you did with the stars, sentiment and funky layout on the second! Great job!