Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 2 ~

Welcome to Day 2 of the December Release Hop for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  Hopefully you’ve found your way here from the amazing Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s to get started off right!

Today I thought I’d show you the second Cover Up die that Lil’ Inkers is releasing.  This one is called Stitches and Stripes.  My initial inspiration was as a candy cane/Xmas card, so I hurried off to Hobby Lobby for some red foil paper.  Once I had it all together, all I could think of was a Valentine’s card with the new Love Tags dies and Love Things stamp set.

lid love tag 

I still adore the chalkboard trend!  Once the tag was cut, I colored in all the hearts with a white gel pen, stamped the sentiment and added the glitter hearts.  A little twine, ribbon and a tilt were all that was left! 

Next I used the punny new sentiment set, The Fine Print.  The card looks all sweet and innocent…

lid fine print 

until you focus and skim the sentiment.  Once you really take a good hard look, you realize all you have to do is read the fine print!

lid fine print d

“When you’re not here with me a pain runs through my heart”

This set is full of funny sentiments such as these!  Ok, you’re off to your next stop, Amy!!  Leave comments along the hop for your chance at Lil’ Inker Designs goodies!

 

Alyssa

 

 

FinePrintStampLoveTagsLoveThingsStampStripesCoverUpDie

25 comments:

Janis said...

Love your diagonal heart stripes on the first card!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com

Karenladd said...

LOVE the bold look of the red, white and black card!

loulou said...

Beautiful cards. I love the super fun fine print stamps

linda price said...

Love the sparkle on the diagonal hearts.

Donna Cala said...

I love the vday patterns and colors. The second card is wonderful with the diagonal stripes.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful cards!

kReN said...

Love the diagonal stitches die. The chalkboard tech looks GREAT on that tag. The circular approach on the second card is smashing as well.

Thank you for sharing your creativity!
kReN@http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

I love both of your cards. The colors, the sentiments, the embellishments! Just beautiful! tfs Patricia B

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Wow Alyssa! Both are fabulous! But the second one won me over. TFS

Anja (scrappie) said...

Beautiful cards love the red,black and white. Thanks for the inspiration.

Christi Conley said...

LOVE all of these :) You are incredibly talented :)

hippymom83 said...

Fun cards!

cm said...

Such fabulous cards: love the stitches and stripes of the first and the sentiment of the second! Great showcase of the new release! You're definitely sparking ideas for Valentine's!! You and Lil' Inkers = perfect recipe for inspiration!
c

Lindsey said...

Alyssa, these are fantastic....beautifully layered and so detailed!

Tami B. said...

These are both great cards. I love the strips of little red glittery hearts you added to the first one.

Sue D said...

Great cards. I like the chalkboard look on the first one.

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! such an AWESOME collection of cards for today!! LOVING the FUN Designs!! THANKS for all of the inspiration and have a Fabulous Holiday Season!! ;)

Bev Karolak said...

Fantastic cards! I love the colours in the first card. :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Another WOW set of cards! I love The Fine Print set!

Houses Built of Cards said...

So pretty! LOVE the glittery and glossy hearts!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Super cute, I love these

Brenda Lee said...

Both cards are terrific! I love the cover up die and the Fine Print set is fantastic!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful cards...those diagonal hearts look great.

Brenda in IN said...

I love the red shiny hearts on the diagonal. So pretty. The second card is a hoot. Love that set!

Laura Pryor said...

Two totally gorgeous designs!