Sunday, December 29, 2013

CAS Christmas ~

Every year I end up giving a few gift cards.  They’re just easier for everyone!  I don’t end up having to take something back for my step-daughter because she wants a different size or color, and I don’t end up worrying that she’s saying she likes something when she really doesn’t.  I also give gift cards to my brother who has purchased a fixer-upper.  Seems better to get him a Home Depot gc rather than some book he doesn’t have time to read.  KWIM? 

I wanted pretty cards for them to receive them in, but I didn’t give myself much time to create.  The first is Kayla’s.  I used the leftover strips from the Lil’ Inker Designs Stitches & Stripes Cover Up die along one corner of the card.  I save all kinds of leftovers from die cuts, do you?

kayla xmas 

The snowflake is heat embossed with heat and stick powder and covered in an iridescent white glitter with a pink hue.  Riddle me why one side is more sparkly than the other…I certainly don’t know.  Perhaps I heated it up too much on one side?? 

kayla xmas d

The center of the snowflake is dressed up with a twine bow tied up with red and silver jingle bells atop a red button.  I wonder if this card can still be called CAS with that large embellishment?  Probably not.

This next card is for my brother.  I’m sure he’s not one of my family members that saves all the cards I make, so I opted for a pretty simple one here.  I used more of the foil paper, but in green this time, to back the Lil’ Inker Designs ornament die from the Christmas bits die set.

dcs xmas

The sentiment is from the Jolly & Joyful sentiments set.  I used the Annabelle Stamps Border 1 die to create a little more interest in the background and backed it with red paper. 

Thanks for stopping by today!  I’ll have a fun little elf card to share.  Have a wonderful day!!

 

Alyssa

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome cards, girl!!! I hope you had a great Christmas with your fam!! :)

Wida said...

GORGEOUS!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow! Love both of them!