Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 3 ~

Hey there!  Welcome back to the last day of the Lil’ Inker Designs release hop for November!  As usual with a hop, you should've arrived here from the amazing Alicia’s blog.  If that’s not the case, bop on back to Laura’s for the correct starting point.  I have a couple last cards to show you using these super fun goodies.  The first uses the On the Diagonal die.  Laura has a wonderful little picture tutorial for it on her blog here.
 lid diagonal d
I’m in a little crochet club…well, I attend but decided that I don’t need another hobby, so I color while they crochet.  Ha!  Our teacher is this fabulous gal that spins and dyes her own yarn.  {You can check out her shop here.}  She made me a little flower with her yarn to use on a card, so I decided to attach it to a barrette that could be used on a purse, headband, hair, you know, whatever.  I thought the best way to give this little ditty away is on the front of a handmade card.  Since this yarn is so multi colored, I chose a fun patterned paper that had a lot of the oranges and blue greens in it.  I added a couple of felt leaves and a gray button in the center to mimic the gray dots in the paper as well.
lid diagonal
I cut the patterned paper with the second largest rectangle in the Stitched Mats Rectangles and then cut the On the Diagonal die.  The sentiment is from Mom & Dad Sentiments and is stamped repeatedly in ocean tides ink.  I highlighted the sentiment by stamping it with Versafine Onyx Black and embossing it.  Gift and card all in one!  :)
This second card I made the moment these stamps landed in my hot little inky hands!  I began by die cutting the Modern Mehndi flower dies in a thinner paper to use as a mask.  Now, to clarify, the die cuts have a bit of a border when stamped, so I merely lined them up as closely as I could to the edge and called it good. 
lid mendhi
So the flowers were all stamped, masked and colored with a copious amount of Copics atop a stitched rectangle.  The sentiment is from Modern Mehndi as well and is embossed on the new Stitched Ovals.  Gotta love those babies!  They’re just like the circles and leave a stitched detail on the negative as well.  I’ll be using those more in the coming weeks! 
Thanks so much for sticking with me through this post!  Head on over to Amy's fantastic blog!  Don’t forget to comment along the way for your chance at one of three $15 gift certificates to Lil’ Inker Designs!!  Thanks for stopping by!

Alyssa
MehndiStamp   ModernMehndiDieOnTheDiagonalDie   StitchedOvals

32 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh these are so cute!!!

Janis said...

Wow....the crocheted flower is adorable!!!
<3 J

Bev Karolak said...

Beautiful cards! Fantastic new releases. :)

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards. I like that you can use the flower as a barrette too.

Tami B. said...

I am so in love with the On the Diagonal die, but this second card you made is so beautiful it's my favorite of the two. They are both fantastic.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful cards! Love the new On the Diagonal Die!!!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

Wow, your cards are beautiful! I love the colors and that flower just adds the right touch. tfs Patricia B

Christi Conley said...

Love that you can use the little flower on so many things - such beautiful creations for this hop!

Donna Cala said...

Beautiful!!! I just love the diagonal look.

cm said...

WOW! These are both beautiful showcases of the new release - and the crochet flower: perfect addition! You've worked magic with these dies!!
c

Lisa Petrella said...

Cute creations! I am lovin' the looks of that "on the diagonal" die!! So trendy and fun!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love both cards, that crocheted flower is fabulous and I love how you used the small oval to hold the sentiment. Thank you so much for letting me play with you this month! ~hugs

Meredith L said...

Really nice cards!

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Gorgeous cards! And that flower?! Going to check out her shop too.

Sharron said...

Fabulous cards! Love the coloring on the Mehndi flowers!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Both are fabulous, love that crochet flower! TFS

Brenda in IN said...

The little flower is darling and you chose the perfect paper. Love, love, love that diagonal die and you used it so well. Both cards are great!

Alycia said...

It's really cool that you used the negative space with the diagonal die. :)

D- said...

I love your card designs. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

D- said...

I love your card designs. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Jen Tapler said...

Ok, so the card is really cute, but I got super excited about that flower, thinking you crochet! I totally started crocheting recently like a nerdy old lady and love it. You should crochet. We can be ridiculous old lady crocheters together. ha! Love the flower (I have no idea how to crochet a flower - it seems to advanced for me. I'll stick with a basic beanie for now).

Cathy Weber said...

Love the beautiful shading on your card today...The gems and the button are perfect embellishments for the sweet flowers. Can't wait to get those ovals!

Anja (scrappie) said...

Wow these cards are amazing I just gonna have that diagonal die. Thanks for sharing.

canadian_liner said...

Fantastic cards! The gift/card-in-one is perfect--coordinating backdrop to that yummy flower. The Mehndi stamps one...sigh! These remind me of the mandala posters I used to colour as a teenager. I can see they would be both relaxing and addictive to colour.

Lindsey said...

The crocheted flower looks gorgeous on the card. What a great way to "package" it. :) (P.S. I love that you are in a crochet club and don't crochet....I feel the same about not needing new hobbies.) And your second card is equally fantastic. I love the way you colored the flowers.

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS cards Allssa!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

Such neat cards for today!! Loving the FUN Designs!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Laura Pryor said...

Super cute designs, Alyssa! I especially like how you used your On the Diagonal in the first card! really pretty flower too!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Hmmm, where do I start...Love the way you did the sentiment background under the diagonal and the flower is gorgeous and adds that extra something to the card. The second card has delicious colors and a fab design. Overall, you rock!

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are just beautiful! Such a lovely way to showcase the new products!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice cards...love this release.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Love the yarn flower on there! So happy!