Monday, November 18, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 2 ~

Welcome to Day 2 of the November Release Hop for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  Hopefully you’ve found your way here from the amazing Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s to get started off right!

Today I thought I’d show you the second Cover Up die that Lil’ Inkers is releasing.  This one is called Leaf Pattern and is just perfect for this time of year!  I started off by blending a bunch of Distress inks on a piece of white cardstock.  Once it was die cut, I saved the pieces for the second card. 

lid leaf swirl pos

I stamped a banner with a sentiment from the new Modern Mehndi set in a dark brown ink and tied a terracotta button with brown twine around the edge.  I added a Rectangle Stitched mat to the inside of the card to help the colors pop.  Pretty easy and definitely eye catching! 

This second card uses the leaf pieces that popped out. So pretty and fun because some of the leaves have that signature Lil’ Inker Designs stitching detail!  I added the leaves to a branch die cut with a sweet little sentiment from the Sugar Kissed Cottage set Thanksgiving Wishes.

lid leaf swirl neg

Pretty much all our leaves have fallen from our trees around here in Colorado, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!  lol  This is a one layer card though and could be used with a multitude of sentiments so I’m keeping the idea around.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is that Lil’ Inker Designs is having a design team call for 2-3 new members!  Stop on back at Laura’s blog for all the details and get your application in!

LIDDesignTeamCall

Thanks again for dropping by!  I’ll have two more cards for you tomorrow – one using the new Modern Mehndi stamps with the much anticipated Stitched Ovals and one with the new On the Diagonal die.  Head on over to Amy’s blog now for some more fabulous works of art! 

 

Alyssa

LeafPatternCoverUpDie      MehndiStamp

32 comments:

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

WOW!! Love the colors. I'm loving that die! Thanks for sharing the two layouts. I love them. Patricia B

Lyndal said...

Stunning, stunning stunning Alyssa!!!

Lindsey said...

This is amazing! The way you inked up the cover plate cut out and the leaves is gorgeous and so creative.

Bev Karolak said...

Awesome projects! This die is so versatile. :)

Donna Cala said...

Such a clever way to use the die. Both looks are very beautiful.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very clever way to use this fun die!!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love how you used both the negative and positive parts of the die...these cards are great.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

oooh, both are vibrant and beautiful! Can hardly wait to see what you post tomorrow!

Sue D said...

I like your colorful projects!

Brenda in IN said...

Both of these cards are cute. Love the fall leaves.

Christi Conley said...

Love the color combo - and I really love the second card, I can picture those leaves swirling around!

Sue McRae said...

Love the clever way you used the leaf pieces from the cover-up die!

Meredith L said...

Wow, the fall colors are beautiful and I love the delicate appearance and the use of color in the first card!

Sharron said...

Beautiful fall cards! Love the versatility of the cover-up die!

cm said...

Brilliant; absolutely brilliant! You've showcased the versatility of the swirls wonderfully!
c

Tami B. said...

These are both so great I can't decide which one I like best.

Terri (blindstamper) said...

Oh my goodness! I don't think I ever would have thought to use the plate this way! Genius and gorgeous, plus two cards in one!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fabulous cards! Love the color gradients on both cards.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Wow! Love how you used the leftovers on the second card which is my favorite! Very Artsy and ZEN. TFS

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVING your very creative cards for today!! THANKS so much for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are so beautiful, love how you used the cover up die and the negatives for a second card, fabulous.

Janis said...

Beautiful cards. Love how you used the negative and the positive!
<3 J

Lisa Petrella said...

Alyssa, these are ROCK STAR, girl!!! Absolutely gorgeous works of art!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Alyssa, I fell in love with both of these the moment I saw them. How brilliant to use just the leaves on the one card.

D- said...

I LOVE your cards. Great use of both the die cut and it negative cuts. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Anja (scrappie) said...

Both cards are really great love them and how clever is that second card. Thanks for sharing.

canadian_liner said...

How brilliant is that second card, using the cut-outs from the first coloured one? Love that idea!

Laura Pryor said...

Super super super pretty! I really love the second card using the negative leaves!! WOW!!!

Barb Ghig said...

Oh, how STUNNING! Beautiful coloring, and I love how you used the positive and negative of your die cuts!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Wow! The front of that first card is stunning!

Linda Beeson said...

LOVE how you used this great background die, what adorable little leaves.

Julie E said...

Oooo those leaves are awesome!