Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 1 ~

Before I get to the fun of today, I must take a moment to say that I’m very sad to see two of my fabulous friends leave this design team – Isha Gupta and Taheerah Atchia.  Ladies, I love your blogs and your creativity!  Your bright, sunshiney personalities will be missed behind the scenes, but I’ll be stopping by to say hi and see what new and exciting things await you!NovBlogHop

Welcome to Day 1 of the October Release Hop for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  We have a whole bunch of fabulous new products we’re introducing today!  If you follow the Lil’ Inker Designs blog, then you’ve been lucky enough to see some sneak peeks of these goodies!!  We also have a fabulous guest designer joining us for this release, the one and only Tracey McNeely!

This is a hop so hopefully you’ve found your way here from Alicia’s crafty cyberspace.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s blog to get started off right!  I’m going to start off with my favorite card that I made for this release using one of the two new cover up dies: Swirls.

lid swirls pinwheelI started off with this gorgeous paper pack Blink of an Eye by My Mind’s Eye.  The swirl plate is cut out of cream cardstock and layered on a subtle star patterned paper.  I chose coordinating papers and cut banners, Stitched Flags, and the Mini Pinwheel.  I also got to add some new to me wooden satrs…love those things!!  So glad there are so many in a pack!  A big loopy twine bow finished this card off. 

lid swirls pinwheel d

What do you think?  Not my usual style, but I’m happy with how it turned out! Thanks for sticking with me through this post!  Head on over to Amy's fantastic blog!  Don’t forget to comment along the way for your chance at two $10 gift certificates to Lil’ Inker Designs!!  Thanks for stopping by!

 

Alyssa

SwirlsCoverUpDie

39 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

What a sweet baby card, so fun and so much amazing detail. Love all the sweet little stars, so cute.

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE the swirl plate die! Awesome!

Carolyn said...

Such a fun baby card . I just love that swirl die and all the other release products I have seen. It is going to be very difficult to choose what to get. I wish I could get them all.

Donna Cala said...

You have really done that coverplate justice! Your card is fabulous. I love all the elements.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty card...love the negative space and the pin wheel...very festive for a bday card.

Sue McRae said...

Love all your layered elements on this project, it makes a cute card for a baby!

Alicia said...

All your details are wonderful on this card.... I have to pull out that pinwheel now!

Sabrina said...

Absolutely beautiful!! What a sweet baby card!!

Karen Day said...

Just a gorgeous baby card! That pinwheel die is still one of my favourites!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I adore everything about this card! How did you get those swirls of twine behind your pinwheel? I want to do that!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Love how you showcased the swirl plate die, and that pinwheel is the perfect touch! TFS

C Wu said...

beautiful card. love the die background.

Tracey McNeely said...

Alyssa this is gorgeous, I love the banners and pinwheel over this fabulous CU base!

Christi Conley said...

Gorgeous as always :)

Sharron said...

Fabulous use of the cover plate! And what a wonderful baby card--love the banners & pinwheel!

Linda Beeson said...

That background die is so stunning, I can see it on my "must have" list!

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! Such a FUN Card!! I LOVE the Design and the added pinwheel!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Bev Karolak said...

Gorgeous card! Love the Swirls cover
up die. :)

Brenda in IN said...

This is a sweet baby card and I never would have thought to use the swirl for a baby card. Love the pinwheel and stars - perfect!

Laura Pryor said...

Alyssa, this card seriously ROCKS! I am SO HAPPY to see you whip out the ol' Pinwheel Die! It's PERFECT paired with our new Cover Up: Swirls! Love love love!!! So much to look at!
Laura

sparkling stamper said...

This is gorgeous. Wasn't sure what it would look like when used; you did a great job! Now I want it!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Ohhhh gorgeous background!

canadian_liner said...

LOVE the swirls! And your different-style card (see, you CAN do it). I can see those swirls getting a lot of use, for water, wings, seeds, ferns...

Cathy Weber said...

This really is a happy card...love the pinwheel and the soft blue under the swirl cover plate die cut. Love all those stars too!

IamUniquelyImperfect said...

That card is just too cute. Love it. tfs Patricia B

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous card Alyssa :)

Lindsey said...

I love this one! Your mix of patterned papers is awesome.

Sue D said...

Great card design--I like the pin wheel.

Meredith L said...

What a cute baby card with the pinwheel!

Bicka Hall said...

Great cards. Loved the leaf cards.

cm said...

Oh my..your cad has me in a swoon! Beautiful! What a fabulous showcase of the new release (and I echo your comment about the gals who are leaving. They are amazing, and we know where to find them!!).
Thanks for sharing!
c

Tami B. said...

I realllllly like the swirl cover plate die, and your card shows it off beautifully.

Terri (blindstamper) said...

How I can't wait to use that die! Great card!

Janis said...

LOVE the swirl bg.
<3 J

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Alyssa! Love the layering.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fabulous design, I love this!

D- said...

I LOVE your card. What a fun design. TFS.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

Anja (scrappie) said...

Love your card great design. Thank you for sharing.

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely stunning card! Your details are so pretty...love your choice of patterned paper, too!