Friday, November 22, 2013

Classic Christmas ~

I’m a huge fan of coloring – like you don’t already know that! – and of flowers.  Ok, I realize you probably know both of those things.  :)  A classic Christmas to me is the colors of red and green and poinsettias.  Here’s another card that was made last year.  I was experimenting with embossing in either white or clear and coloring. 

This is the PTI Year of Flowers Poinsettia die cut and clear embossed three times.  Unfortunately, red is my favorite color to use but it is also the most unforgiving.  To make the white really shine through, I could have gone over each and every individual line with the colorless blender but I just wasn’t feeling it.  Too much work! lol

 

I did cut the leaves apart to make them stick out farther and make the flower bigger.  Then everything was stacked together with dimensionals. 

The sentiment was also embossed to really pop off the patterned paper. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you’re having a wonderful day and gearing up for a wonderful Thanksgiving!! 

 

Alyssa

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this is gorgeous.. i love it

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning! The flower is magnificent!

Laurie said...

Holy cow. That flower is amazing! I love this card girl! GORGEOUS!

Stacey Schafer said...

stunning!