Monday, September 2, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs September Release Hop Day 1 ~

Welcome to the September release for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  We’ve got some super fun goodies to show you in the next few days, and a fun guest is playing along too.  You should’ve arrived here from Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s blog to get started off right!

Today I’m featuring a fun new stamp set and die with a Halloween theme – Bats & Broomsticks. 

lid witch

I started cutting a soft stone panel with Stitched Mats: Rectangles and cut some clouds with it while I was at it.  The sentiment is embossed on the bottom of the panel.  Embossing gives that little extra punch and takes no time at all.  I then cut a circle out of regular paper and used the negative to mask out a moon sponging it with distress inks in Scattered Straw and Wild Honey. The witch is cut out in two grays – smokey shadow and basic gray – and layered atop one another.  I love the crosshatch pattern of this little witch!  So cute!  The stars are the negative from the card I’ll be showing you tomorrow using the new Starry Sky die. 

This is a hop with prizes – two $10 gift certificates to the Lil’ Inker Designs store!  Your next stop is to Amy for some fabulous eye candy, I am sure!  Have fun hopping and thanks for bopping on by!

 

Alyssa

25 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

This card is absolutely PERFECT!! Love every single detail!!

Lyndal said...

Wicked cool card Alyssa - LOVE these stamps & dies paired with the stitched clouds!

Bev Karolak said...

Great card! Love the star dies. :)

Marybeth said...

Alyssa,this is too darn cute! I am so glad I added the clouds to my order last night ! Adorable!!!!!!!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card. Love the clouds!

cm said...

Oh what a fun release this is, and your witch here is a perfect showcase! Fabulous card!
c

Sue D said...

Great use of these dies.

LEG Studios said...

Great scene you created for the witch and bat - love the clouds added! Very pretty card - thanks for sharing it!

Cathy Weber said...

Ohhh! That is what I just said out loud. Love this...pinned this...will be making this...my daughter turns 22 on Halloween and this is perfect for her birthday card!

Kristen said...

This is amazing!!! :)

Bobbie Brock said...

Great card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lindsey said...

Love the darling scene you created with all these layered dies. So cute!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Oh my! I just *love* the added clouds and stars to this design, and the colours too! Awesome Alyssa!!

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! Loving this!! Such a FUN Design!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Girl, this card is fabulous!! Love it all!

Sharron said...

LOVE your design! The moon & clouds look awesome!

Kathleen said...

Love these stamps and dies. Really like the sentiment!

Kathy W said...

Great card! I love all the layering of the dies, white on white. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa H. said...

I adore this. those clouds with the witch are awesome. love the layers on the witch, too. GREAT!

Laila B. said...

Stunning... love the way you used yellow. Wow and so many details that macht perfectly with the witch. Congrats!!!

Kim S said...

A fabulous stamp and die! I love how you have used it on a big moon with clouds!

Mary-Anne V said...

What a fun sentiment...wonderful card.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

fabulous scene! I love it

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Lovely scene! TFS

Laura Pryor said...

I am in complete and utter love with this design!! I love how you did the moon in the background!!!