Sunday, September 8, 2013

Campfire Birthday ~

Hi there!  Thought I’d drop in with a card I made for a friend of my son.  He just turned 6 this past week and had the party yesterday.

wof henry campfire bday detail The theme was Camp Bear – tents, s’mores, a make-your-own trail mix bar and barbeque.  She wins the award for best theme birthday party I’ve attended ever.  It was adorable!  She even made all the attendees ‘Camp Bear’ t-shirts.  I dug through my stamps till I found one that was appropriate for the camping theme – Whiff of Joy Henry Campfire Fun.  He’s colored with Copics – something I haven’t done for entirely too long!  I thought I’d forgotten how.  It was nice to just color for a while and try some new techniques and color combos.

 

I loosely based the card on this sketch from JUGS challenge #205.  It also falls in line with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge #337 – Animal Antics.

woj henry campfire bday

The sentiment is from LID’s Sugar Kissed Cottage Surprise set.  These sentiments are great because they are so small.  This one was masked to stamp the happy above the birthday.  The papers are from October Afternoon Campfire.  I used both the large and small chevron dies from PTI for the center strip.  The stars are both the new Stitched Stars from Lil’ Inker Designs and the Stacking Stars from My Favorite Things.  They work great together!  I finished the inside as well

wof henry campfire bday inside

I love digging through my drawer of extra die cuts and adding that little special something to the inside.  This uses some leftover stars and birthday dies from Papertrey Ink.  I also used the footprints from PTI’s Summer Camp (finally).  Since I used the number die in here, I’ll also link this up to The Pink Elephant’s challenge #215 – Numb3rs.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope your week is set up to be awesome!! 

 

Alyssa

4 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card, girl!! Hope all is well.....

Lin said...

Love this card, and I bet the birthday boy did too! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Nancy said...

Super...Super cute card!!! Great papers and your coloring is AMAZING! Wow!!! I am so glad you linked this wonderful card up with us over at Just Us Girls.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - I bet he loved it~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!