Saturday, August 10, 2013

Tball Thank You ~

Hi there!  Without meaning to, I’ve been super absent from here again.  Life just seems to pass by so quickly.  We had a crazy hail storm here just a week ago that pounded us with up to golf ball sized hail for a full 45 minutes and totaled my garden, yard, roof and car.  :(  Looks like it’ll be car shopping for me this week.  The biggest bummer is that I just paid my car off in July, so I’m hoping to find something nice, with low mileage and all the amenities that I’m now accustomed to.  LOL  Wish me luck!!

Before I show you a quick card I made with some LID goodies, I want you to mark your calendars

201307_lid_birthdaypromobanner

Lil Inker Designs is turning 3 and having a birthday bash hop!  Lots of prizes and eye candy for all!  Be sure to be back here on August 15!

Zane played Tball this summer for the first time

IMG_4953       IMG_4947        

I can’t even say he loved it, but it’s good to get him in sports of some kind and let him do the whole responsibility thing, meet new kids, etc.  Since coaching a bunch of 4-6 year olds is extremely hair raising, I decided to make his coach a little thank you card.  She was coerced into coaching rather than volunteering, so I thought it only necessary to let her know how much I appreciated her doing something none of us other parents were willing to do.

baseball thanks

Out came my Lil Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles to create a shaped card.  So fun!  The line image and sentiment are from Mom & Dad Sentiments.  I simply placed the line stamp on top of the circle and curved it just so, then picked it up with an acrylic block.  The card base was cut out with a plain circle die.  All you have to do is pull the fold of the card just inside the die, so it doesn’t fully cut out a circle.  If I were more organized, this card would’ve only taken me about 5 minutes to make!  lol   These would be great ‘thank yous’ for a sports themed birthday party too!  And easy to mail. 

Ok, I’m off to start a new venture – professional photography.  Eek!  I’m super nervous, but since the gig is a ‘Sloshball’ tournament, I’m sure it will all go well.  Have a great weekend! 

 

Alyssa

4 comments:

Amy Kolling said...

Alyssa.....this is AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to CASE this type of card!!! We are huge baseball fans in our house.....I can't even tell you! Such a simple card and its just perfect for those coaches we love!!

Joyce said...

What a fun card.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your card is perfect!

Marybeth said...

Love this idea too! I bet the coach did too. So thoughtful of you! Nice that you understand that it a volunteer job and it is lots of work and fun with such young kids.