Sunday, August 25, 2013

Salt Dahlia ~

I’m back with another card for the Stamp-a-faire challenges.  I’m combining the PTI August Blog hop with a S-A-F challenge that I’ve been wanting to try for a while – Sprinkle of Salt.  I’ve been dabbling quite a bit with the Delightful Dahlia Additions from a release or two ago, and I must say that I absolutely, positively love these stamps!!  Mix them with Distress inks and watercolor paper and I’m in heaven.  I used this yummy blueberry smoothie pic as the color/sketch combo

6a00d8341c64e753ef0192ac92aa78970d-450wi 

I chose a little creative license for the sketch and placed my sentiment inside the circle, as well as placing the floral component on the bottom. 

salt dahlia

The entire card is watercolor paper.  Once finished stamping the flower and leaves, I just lightly spritzed it with water to muddle the details a bit.  The mat was misted and painted with Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans distress inks (for Hawaiian shores and enchanted evening) then sprinkled with salt. 

salt dahlia d

I think the effect was lost a little because of the watercolor paper.  Still pretty though!  Ok, I’m off to link this up and show you one more little ditty before the night is through!  :)

 

Alyssa

4 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wow, love this! That color combo is gorgeous! Fab take on the sketch!

Annheidel said...

Very pretty card! I really love the background.

Kim S said...

Truly stunning!

Wida said...

this is so deep and rich like watercolor but BETTER!