Sunday, August 25, 2013

Cinnamon Coffee Wishes ~

Hi there!  I’m back with another card for the Stamp-a-faire challenges.  Again, I’m combining the PTI August Blog hop with a couple S-A-F challenges – Scent-sational cards and Tea Staining Techniques.  I started with this combo/sketch from the hop and switched out fine linen for vintage cream.

6a00d8341c64e753ef01901ed35baa970b-450wi

IMG_0625

I recently got these flowers as a prize and found them a little lacking, so I separated every piece to re-assemble them. 

When I saw the tea staining challenge, I knew I had to stain the bottom piece of burlap with coffee - cinnamon coffee to be precise :)

 

 

 

 

coffee flower

The base is stamped with text from Wplus9 Designs’ Defining Words set in Antique Linen.  The diagonal is stamped with A Little Bit of Argyle in kraft and chocolate, then heat embossed with a cinnamon coffee embossing powder mix.  The sentiment is also embossed in Versafine Onyx black on a Stitched Flag from Lil’ Inker Designs.  Definitely a hand over in person type of card!  lol

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you’re having fun creating today!!

 

Alyssa

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I had way too much to do on Saturday and didn't have time to do any stamp-a-faire stuff or make a card for the blog hop--poo! This sketch was the one I was going to do. You did a fabulous job with this sketch and color combo!