Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sensational ~

As promised, I’m back with another reject.  I submitted this card twice as well – once to the Birthday Creations call that is now in print, and to the Banner Birthday call that just passed. 

sensational 7

The background paper is so adorable – it’s October Afternoon Cakewalk cut with the Stitched Rectangles from Lil’ Inker Designs.  I adore this one die just for the size of the mat.  It makes the perfect CAS card.  The 7 is die cut about four times and adhered together then smooshed into the really old PTI Sweet Blush ink pad for that creamy chalky look.  The stars are from My Favorite Things and are smooshed into the old ink pads as well – aqua mist, sweet blush and spring moss. 

I’m entering this into the Moxie Fab World: Birthday Creations Birthday Card Challenge, as well as the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: #110 Numbers.  We’re off to go truck shopping…I hope it doesn’t take too long!  I want to play with some new goodies.  Have a super day!

 

Alyssa

12 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

I love this card, girl!!! So so FUN!! :)

Trina said...

Well, I guess I'm happy it didn't get published because I can look at it! I think this card is fantastic! Will have to put it in my Future CASE file!

Sylvia Blum said...

Absolutely adorable!!! LOVE your mix of patterned papers (brilliant how you made this work so well) and the design of your card!
Thank you for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)
Sylvia xx

Christi Conley said...

Beautiful card - love the stitching :)

Jingle said...

Absolutely awesome card! I love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

paperella said...

I love, love, love this card. It's so pretty! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I commented on this card before but it was obviously in my head because I see no comment from me here! I adore this card, it's perfection!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wonderfully fun and gorgeous card! Love how you made the 7 thick by layering the cuts. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

kReN K said...

Whose numer die is this? kren dot kurts at gmail dot com

Alyssa S said...

It's Papertrey Ink

Alyssa S said...

It's Papertrey Ink