Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I-shadow Ikat ~

Hola!  Silly, punny title, I know, but I just couldn’t resist.  You’ll see what I mean in a minute.  Did you all submit to the Paper Crafts Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters?  I did and got one card picked up!  Yay!  This card is a reject, but I realize it wasn’t really a DIY embellishment, so it makes sense.  I used the same pattern from this card with the combo of Wplus9 and PTI Ikat sets stamped in VersaMark on black…

ikat eyeshadow

I used eye shadow to color the card.  I was thinking of how I’ve seen a bunch of Perfect Pearls being used lately.  Instead of running out and buying more supplies I don’t need, I used some eye shadow (that I’ll probably never wear! Ha!) to color this card. 

The sentiment is embossed on a vellum banner that is wrapped around the front and adhered to the back of that focal panel.  Since it’s kind of a ‘banner’, I also submitted it for the Banner Birthday call.  It just wasn’t it the cards for this one!  Wow…I’m just full of bad puns today :)

I’m linking this up in the Moxie Fab World: Birthday Card Challenge…you know, because third time is the charm, right?  Have a super day, my friends!  I’ll be back with some more publication rejects soon ;)

 

Alyssa

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Eye shadow? Ha! I would never have thought of using it on a card. It looks amazing, Alyssa!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love this card! The eyeshadow is gorgeous on it. I still haven't bought an Ikat set yet. By the time I get one, the trend will be over!

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Wida said...

Wow ikat on gray is stunning