Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lil Inker Designs June Release Hop Day 4 ~

Hello!  We’ve reached our last day of the June release hop of Lil Inker Designs!  Today is group post day, and I’m bringing you another little ditty using the Fanfare Scallop Border Die and the Spot On stamp set .  You should have arrived here from Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s blog to get started off right!

This one was actually a labor of love with a few cuss words thrown in for good measure!  lol  Recently, a dear friend of mine and I decided to apply for the same design team thinking it would be super fun to be on it together.  Well, she was asked to join and I was not :(   However, I’m not going to spoil the fun, so here’s a congratulations card for her!

lid fanfare wm congrats

I used the color combo of vintage cream, berry sorbet, groovy guava, hawaiian shores and aqua mist.  Can I tell you how much I love these colors together!  Yummy!!  I started by running a strip of each color through the Xyron machine to make a sticker.  Then the scallop strip had to be cut out in each color about 18 gazillion times!!  Paper piecing this beauty is striking, but, ummm, shall we say, time consuming.  lol  I think those two strips took me about 3++ hours to complete.  The sentiment is heat embossed and I added just a few enamel dots for a little extra color.  Hope you love it Wida!  Congratulations!!

That’s it for me today!  Thank you all for stopping by.  Don’t forget to comment for a chance at fabulous prizes!!  Your next stop is Amy {you still have time to VOTE!}  Have a super day!

 

Alyssa

34 comments:

Billie A said...

Labor of love and well worth it. This card is stunning. I love the colors used and the design way to use the scallops. I love this card.

Wida said...

Wow this is stunning!!!

Wida said...

And I get to have it? That is so sweet of you, and I am sad we will not be together, but one day we will be...betcha :) definitely together Saturday! Hehe...

Sarah said...

Whoa! This is gorgeous work, Alyssa. Not to mention impressive for the amount of work that went into it. I think it would be striking with just one row too, for those of us with less mettle.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Wow! I can see it's a labor of love, but it is worth it! Beautifully done and yummy colors, I'm sure Wida will treasure this. TFS

Karenladd said...

Yikes,this is spectacular! That scallop die is incredible and your card takes my breath away!

Bev Karolak said...

What a beautiful card! I would have a few cuss words too, but it is so worth it! :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Amazing and surely a labor of love! Turned out beautifully!

Laura Pryor said...

This is REDICULOUSLY FANTASTIC!! I can't even believe all the work you put into this but it seriously paid off. I mean - this is GORGEOUS!!! You knocked this out of the park. Holy card, Batman!!

Sue D said...

Oh my--this turned out so awesome!

Michelle said...

Wow... an amazing card! Sooo worth the time!

maria f. said...

May I just say... OH MY GOODNESS. Your paper piecing totally paid off!

P said...

OK, everyone else used all the superlatives I could think of to say how incredible this card is! LOVE it!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! This was a labor of love for sure but what a fantastic effect!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous colors! This card is beautiful!

jenway9 said...

This card is AWESOME!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow this card is stunning and I can image all the hard work and time. But in the end I know your friend will love it!

cm said...

A time consuming process for sure, but oh, definitely worth the investment! Look at how dazzling this is! Love it! Thank you for doing this 'for us' - wonderful way to 'reveal' the new release! You've just confirmed that I must get these products!! Thanks for sharing!
c

Lindsey said...

What an awesome friend you are....for your great attitude and for making such a fabulously detailed card. I'm not sure I would have the patience to piece what you have, but the end result is incredible.

Barb Murphy said...

What a gorgeous card Alyssa! This color combo is stunning!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Oh my goodness...what an AMAZING project this is! I can only imagine how patient you must be to have been able to do this! Totally gorgeous and worth the effort though!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Sharron said...

OMG--AMAZING!! It really was worth the time--it's GORGEOUS!!

Christi Conley said...

Hey neighbor! Love this project, tho I fear I don't have the patience - I'd be flinging it against the wall, I just know it! However it is a fab card, the yummy cooling colors & the enamel dots add just the perfect kick to it :)

canadian_liner said...

I can't believe you even EMBARKED on this crazy card! Seriously gorgeous, but oh-so-intricate! Did you have to use tweezers to place all those little cutouts? I'm glad you tried it, so we can all admire yours and forgeddabout trying it ourselves! B.E.U.tiful.

kren said...

This scallop die is more intriguing and interesting every time I see it used. The repetition is really eye catching with the colors beneath it. TFS!

Sue McRae said...

Wow, this is amazing and I love this colour combo!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the FUN design!! This LOOKS AWESOME!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous! Loving this pretty border die!

Jessrose21 said...

Oh my gosh! That must have taken ages to do. It's beautiful!

Karen Day said...

Oh my goodness, you must've been cross-eyed doing this one! Talk about worth it though - just an amazing card!

Dana D. said...

Terrific card. Great colors and details. Love the new dies and stamps.

paulettesprettypapercrafts said...

What a stunning card. You must have patience of a saint to put all those pieces back in. Love the waves too. I love nautical cards and the beach.

Chris said...

wow, very pretty and so simple!!

laughadaisy said...

You are on dedicated, patient woman! My heck. This is gorgeous. I love the colors, too. Can't wait til this die is back in stock so I can add it to my stash. ;-) Beautiful work!!