Monday, June 17, 2013

Lil Inker Designs June Release Hop Day 2 ~

Welcome back to Day 2 of the June release hop for Lil Inker Designs!  We are formally introducing the new folding tags today.  This is a hop so hopefully you’ve found your way here from Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s blog to get started off right!
lid book tagFirst up is a little something I’ve been needing for a long time now…I decided to make the original folded tag into a bookmark.  I keep losing my little library card and can never remember when a book is due back, so I thought I’d keep it all nice and tidy in this fabulous little folding tag.
Now, even if I lose the due back receipt, I can easily log onto the website and check the date, renew, place a book on hold, whatever!
Here’s a little larger view so you can see all the details


lid book tag2  The base is cut from oatmeal cardstock with the Original Folding Tag die.  The patterned piece is actually a piece of adhesive backed fabric from Studio Calico.  It gives this little tag a bit more punch and stability.  For a bit more zazz, I added  a strip of navy cardstock and the fabric cut with the Stitched Scallop Border die
Now for a more traditional use - as an actual tag.  I made my dad some banana cranberry bread for Father’s Day.

lid dad tag2
This one is cut from a double sided pattern paper…My Mind’s Eye, I think.  I stamped a simple sentiment from Mom & Dad Sentiments and attached the Dad die at an angle.  It’s finished off with a bunch of baker’s twine and embroidery floss tied in a sweet little bow.  Just the right size to tuck in a cute note {he got a card too, of course Smile}
Thanks for stopping by today and for all your wonderful comments!  Don’t forget to comment along the hop for your chance at some fabulous prizes!  You are off again to Amy’s blog {VOTE for her in Gallery Idol!}.  I’m leaving you with the recipe for this yummy bread below!  Seriously yummy btw, my mom doesn’t even like bananas and she loves this bread.  She was texting last night saying Dad wouldn’t share.  lol

Alyssa

lid dad tag
1/4 cup applesauce                                    1/4 vegetable oil
1 cup sugar                                                2 eggs
1 T vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt                                               1 tsp baking soda
1 T cinnamon                                            2 cup flour
4 large bananas (mashed)                          1 cup cranberries
1. Cream sugar, vegetable oil, applesauce and vanilla extract.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each.
2. Sift dry ingredients together and slowly add to creamed mixture.
3. Stir in bananas
4. Pour into one well greased loaf pan; bake at 325* for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
*I usually double this recipe and make a couple at a time.  Comes out perfect!
*I’ve also added fresh/frozen blueberries instead of cranberries.  Raspberries or strawberries would also be delicious!  Feel free to add nuts if you’d like as well – 1/2 cup. 
*This recipe was modified.  Originally it called for 1/2 cup of butter instead of 1/4 cup applesauce and 1/4 cup vegetable oil.  I have also omitted the vegetable oil before and only used 1/2 cup applesauce.  All are great!  Some are just a teensy bit better for you! 
                                      ENJOY!

38 comments:

frommycraftroom said...

Great tags. And thanks for including the recipe too.

Joyce said...

These are so cute.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

What a cool idea to use it as a bookmark (I work at a Library and I LOVE everything book related :))
I love the one for your Dad, thanks for the recipe too.

Bev Karolak said...

These are great dies! The recipe sounds yummy!

Ann said...

Wonderful tags! Love your library card pocket idea. And thanks for the recipe!

Karenladd said...

Love these tags so much, especially the DAD one! Great idea for little gifts or gift cards!

Renee said...

I love the idea of this as a bookmark...
how cool!
I'm always losing them though...no matter how many I have I'm always searching for a scrap piece of paper to mark my place!
Had to check to book title too...
see if I've read...it's on my to read list or it needs to be on my to read..
I have this one but haven't read yet...
I'm so far behind!
And what a great gift for your dad...
and how funny that he wouldn't share! :)
Thanks for the recipe...sounds yummy!

Jill Norwood said...

Love the idea of holding my library card! I have the same problem lol! Love the tag for your dad! And the bread recipe sounds delicious! The phone call from your mom cracked me up! :)

Laura Pryor said...

Oh the bookmark is a great idea!!!!!!! They would be great back to school gifts I think! Brilliant designs for both and I am totally trying that recipe. I love anything with a "replacement" ingredient so you had me at applesauce :)
Thanks, Alyssa!
Laura

Kristie Goulet said...

Great ideas. Thanks for sharing the recipe too.

canadian_liner said...

So many good things in this post! Love the idea of the library-card/bookmark, cutting fabric with the new dies, and the yummy recipe with +/- healthy variations. Thanks, Alyssa!

cm said...

Outstanding tag ideas + a banana bread recipe? It doesn't get much better than this! Wonderful post - for the eyes and the tastebuds! Thank you for alllll the inspiration today!
c

Sharron said...

LOVE the idea of using this for a bookmark! Great idea!! And TFS your recipe--looks really yummy!

Jen Carter said...

Fun tags!! I really like the Dad one...and that bread looks yummy too! :)

Debbie said...

I'm really loving these tags! And thanks for the recipe!

Sue McRae said...

What a creative idea to use the tag as a bookmark to hold the library receipt. This would be a great gift idea!

Sabrina said...

Fantastic tags and recipe!

Jessrose21 said...

I like the idea of using the tag as a bookmark! I miss the old days of library cards with the date stamp inside the book. Now I think the libraries actually want the books late so we have to pay the late fees!

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful tags...love the Dad die and the scalloped border on the first. Thanks for the recipe.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Eeek! Fantastic idea with the library card! You are super clever. Love both your projects!

Lindsey said...

Such fantastic projects. Loved the comment about your dad not wanting to share the bread. Sounds like I'm going to have to give it a try.

P said...

Great idea for using the tag as a bookmark- I will probably make one and put my Post-It flags in it to keep them handy.

Christi Conley said...

Yummy crafts and Yummy food - my 2 fav things!

Lalo said...

WHAT!?! Super cool tags and a bread recipe...You're awesome!!!

Denise Bryant said...

Cute foldover tag! Love your mix of patterned papers!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such sweet tags! I'm loving these dies!

Lyndal said...

FAB tags & delicious recipe too :)

Sue D said...

Great idea for a bookmark and wonderful DAD tag--thanks for the recipe.

Larissa Heskett said...

Loving your FUN Tags so great!! Thanks also fpr the banana bread recipe U have some of those same picky eaters in my household!! Have a fabulous week!! ;)

Billie A said...

Recipe looks/sound great and the gift tag is wonderful. What a nice presentation.

Barb Murphy said...

Fabulous designs Alyssa! Love the idea of a specific purpose for the pocket tag...just awesome :)

erin lee creative said...

super cute tags! Love them.

Scrapaddict said...

Love your tags!

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOO cute! LOVE all the ribbon and twine on the second one!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

maria f. said...

So clever to haul out the double sided PP for this. I think I need this die.

jenway9 said...

Love the tag and thanks for the recipe!

kren said...

We get to see these adorable tags AND get a recipe? You're the best! Great projects!

Chris said...

very cool gift ideas!!