Sunday, June 16, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs June Release Hop Day 1 ~

Hi there! Welcome to the June Release Hop for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  We have some super fun things that we’re introducing to you today.  This is a hop so hopefully you’ve found your way here from Alicia’s blog.  If not, comment here first, and then bop on back to Laura’s blog to get started off right!

First up is the Pieced Chevron die.  I chose a fun color scheme of burgundy, berry sorbet, teal and buttery yellow with just a hint of orange.  I die cut the plate in all of the colors except orange and used one of the frames to piece in each color.

lid chevron

One thing that would have made this project easier would be a Xyron machine to make each die cut into a sticker.  Unfortunately, mine is only 2.5” wide, so it didn’t work for this application.  Once every piece was in place, I carefully removed the frame and voila! This was my niece's graduation card, so I had to finish off the inside with a little gift

                lid chevron inside         lid chevron tag

I used a fun new folding tag that we’ll be featuring tomorrow to add some $$.  I love this!  Nothing to fall out when the card gets opened – it’s all tucked safely away and can’t be missed in its pretty little packaging.  That fun font on ‘Congrats!’ is part of a new stamp set waiting to be revealed later this week.

Having loved this card so much, I went ahead and made a more neutral ‘thank you’ card to have on hand with a textured gray, the same buttery yellow and kraft on a cream base

lid chevron thanks

So much impact, but oh.so.easy to mail!  Gotta love that!  The sentiment is from the last release – Mom & Dad Sentiments.

Now onto the new child of the Stitched Mats…the Circles!! Aack!  So exciting!!!  These circles not only cut a  stitch onto the positive part of the die; they also leave a stitch for the negative part as well!  Awesomesauce!! 

I thought since it was almost exactly at the half mark of the year, that I’d better get my fanny in gear and make a couple Xmas cards.  I pulled out the tried and true Stitched Mats: Squares, Jingle Joy and Holly Jolly Sentiment set.

lid jolly xmas

Eek!  This photo is a little over exposed, sorry about that!  It’s not your eyes either, I stamped the sentiment in aqua mist first and didn’t like it, so I stamped over it in chocolate and loved the shadowed look.  Would you look at that cute little circle?!?  Love it!  Such a fun little 4x4 card!  Now to show you the negative part

lid u n me

This wood grain paper (I think it’s cherry) made me think of a carving in a tree.  So I pulled out the Notebook Doodle set, the Of the Heart dies and the new Stitched Mats: Circles.  A little close up so you can see the wonderful detail

lid u n me d  Don’t you just love it?!  Ok, I’ve rambled on for long enough!  It’s your turn to head on over to Amy’s blog (VOTE FOR HER IN GALLERY IDOL {shameless plug}).  Before you go, leave a comment here for your chance to win some Lil’ Inker Designs yummies!!  Thanks for stopping by!

 

Alyssa

51 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a wonderful collection of cards! Your first one is my favorite, I am in love with that new die.

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Wow! Fabulous cards showcasing the new products, I specially love the one for your niece and the Christmas one. TFS

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! Love the chevron die and the folding tags too!

Jen Carter said...

What fun projects Alyssa!! Aren't these products the BEST!! :)

shirley-bee said...

Fab cards! I love the neutral shades on the thank you card.

Lisa :) said...

Your cards are wonderful. Great job piecing the chevron die so seamlessly!

Joan B said...

wow, that cherry wood card is amazing

Bev Karolak said...

Lovely cards Alyssa! The pieced chevron die is great!

Marlou McAlees said...

gorgoeus cards!! TFS :) x

~amy~ said...

These are all soooooo wonderful!

Laura Pryor said...

Hi Alyssa. Wow, these designs are all so fabulous! I love love love how you used the Pieced Chevron Die and the wood card is just so cool. Thank you for all these lovelies!
Laura

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Fun cards! I really like the scalloped folding tag... I like the $$, too!! :) But my favorite, favorite is the stitched circle dies. LOVE them!

Tricia

Amrita said...

great cards! love the dies!

cm said...

WOW, WOW and WOW! What a wonderful way to 'reveal' the new releases alongside some of the older ones. You've showcased how versatile all these products are! Stunning cards + great products = SHOPPING!! Thank you for sharing and inspiring!
c

Linda R. said...

Great cards. I love that chevron die and your color combos are wonderful!

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards with these new dies--love the chevrons and your preview of the folding tag.

Marybeth said...

Great projects here, love the tag on the inside of the card! Love the colors on the first card too!

Dana D. said...

All your cards are terrific. Loving the new dies.

jenway9 said...

Loving these new dies and your cards!

Sharron said...

Fabulous cards! Love the colors on the chevrons and that awesome wood design!

Cathy Weber said...

Wow. I am absolutely loving that first card! I can not wait to get these into my hands!

Sue McRae said...

Love how you incorporated the Scalloped Tag to the inside of your card.

Kristen said...

These are so wonderful!!

Barb Murphy said...

beautiful cards! i love the chevron windows you created on the first two!

Jeanne J said...

Those chevron cards are fab - totally packed with color and so fun!

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Wow... what great cards. The Chevron die is so neat. and I love the pocket tag too. That is a great idea.

Christi Conley said...

Spectacular! Love the cards and LOVE your Tattoos!!

canadian_liner said...

Love your chevron cards, Alyssa! So great and graphic.

Karenladd said...

WOW!! LOVE the chevron card...so striking!

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS chevron cards Alyssa - love your early Christmas card & tree carving too :)

Joyce said...

Super card. Love those new dies.

Kristie Goulet said...

Love all of your cards! The new dies are amazing!

Jessrose21 said...

Your cards are beautiful. The chevron cards are so sharp!

Miriam Prantner said...

There is just so much good stuff in this new release! Loving the chevron plate and stitched circles!

keeleykats said...

Great cards! I love the chevron graduation & thank you cards! Thanks for sharing!

Indy said...

Wow! All your projects are fabulous! Love these new dies!

frommycraftroom said...

Great idea to put the tag inside a card to hold a gift card. Thanks.

Carolyn said...

Love the cherry wood card!

Renee said...

All of your projects are incredible...
love the chevrons...
and I died over the circles...
they've been on my wishlist for quite a while so really happy that they're here! :)
LOVE that woodgrain card...
absolutely adorable!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice cards...love the chevron die pattern you created.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Many years ago, my LSS sold wood paper and I think I still have some! Yipee! I'm digging all your projects and especially loving the color scheme in the first card. Gorgeous!

Lindsey said...

I LOVE how you've used these dies! You've definitely made me want them.

P said...

The wood card with heart is adorable!

Larissa Heskett said...

Wow!! Amazing creations!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Billie A said...

Your cards are great. I love the chevron ones and the color choices. The tag die is awesome and the hole die cool touch with the faux stitching.

erin lee creative said...

I had to order the circle dies, they are fabulous. I love your use of the chevron plate, too. WOW!

Scrapaddict said...

All terrific creations! Love every one!

Houses Built of Cards said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I especially LOVE the color combo on the first one!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

maria f. said...

Just love the LID stitched details. Great idea to make a "tree" out of the "hole".

kren said...

Love ALL these projects. Can't choose a favorite because they are ALL wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Chris said...

gorgeous cards!!