Friday, April 26, 2013

Runway Inspired Thank You ~

Hola!  I’m bopping in at the last minute to share a thank you card I made inspired by RIC #34.  It’s kind of humorous to look through the submissions for this inspiration pic because everyone had mostly the same interpretation.  There are some real gems in there though.  That’s part of the reason I love participating in challenges and hops – all the inspiration that can be found through the links to blogs you may have never seen otherwise.

I’m making a bunch of thank you cards for my step-daughter.  She is turning 18 and then a couple weeks later, she will be graduating from high school.  I wanted them to be interesting but mail-able so I stuck to a pretty CAS design.  This is just one of a few different designs I’ll be making for her.  She is still a teenager; she gets bored easily.  lol

ric thanks

The larger sizes of the ginkgo branches are stamped in Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed.  The smaller sizes are stamped in VOB, over stamped in glue (gotta love clear stamps for easy placement!) and covered in black flock.  It didn’t work as perfectly as I may have liked, but it does give this very plain card some interest.  I also added a couple of Studio Calico enamel dots to mimic the model’s pretty lips!  I’m throwing this one into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge – anything goes!  The more you enter, the more chances to win ;)   Thanks so much for stopping by!!

 

Alyssa

8 comments:

Dawny P said...

This is lovely - a wonderful design :) Thank you so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Mary J said...

That is simply stunning Alyssa! Love the pop of red!

Wida said...

well look who joined in on the fun and with my favorite stamp set that you use. this is beautiful!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous!! Love the stamping and the tiny droplets of red! Thanks for joining the fun with us!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love this, it's so elegant!

Chris said...

love the simplicity of this, very very pretty!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

This is such a great gift for your step daughter...and congrats on her graduation! Thanks for joining us on the Runway :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Lovely graphic card! Love the pops of red from the enamel dots!!