Monday, April 1, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs April Release Day 2 ~

Welcome back to the Lil’ Inker Designs Release blog hop!  You should’ve arrived here from Alicia’s blog; if not, head on back to Laura’s to get started off on the right foot!  Today we are introducing the stitched scallop die which is just like it sounds – the signature LID stitching on a scallop shaped border die.  So fun!

I really thought it was about time I jumped on the ombre bandwagon, and I came up with this little number

stitched scallop ombre lid

Scarlet jewel, autumn rose, sweet blush and vintage cream loveliness!  The card base is cut just a bit shorter in the front so it rests on the scallops.  Don’t you just love that stitched detail??  This card would be ho-hum without it…it’s just the perfect touch.  The sentiment is masked from Pinwheel Sentiments.  I’ll be linking this up with the Moxie Fab World Ombre challenge!

I decided to make a little treat bag for my little man for Easter as well.  Some time ago, I saw a post on Pinterest about planting jelly beans and them growing into lollipops.  I just knew I needed to make something for Z’s Easter basket with the 2 Cute Ink Funny Bunnies set right then and there.   

stitched scallop easter

I printed out a little label and stuffed some ‘magic’ coated jelly beans in a bag.  The sweet little bunny got colored up and cut out…and then it sat until 5:30 the night before Easter.  In a rush to get it into his basket, I decided to use the stitched scallop to create a bag topper.  Isn’t he a cutie?  Here’s a close up and my little guy planting his magic beans and then finding his lollipop in the morning

   easter bunny    photo (1)

Don’t forget to comment along the way for your chance at two $10 gift certificates to Lil’ Inker Designs.  Now head on over Amy’s blog for more gorgeous creations.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

Alyssa

32 comments:

Lynnda said...

Love your card... the scallop layerings looks really gorgeous!!! Clever! And I heart the treat bag too!!!... hugs...x

Glenna Anderson said...

Wow, awesome card and adorable treat holder!

Suzie Q said...

beautiful card love the graduation in colours x
great bag topper too x
Suzi eQx

Barb M said...

such a sweet Easter treat and tradition! I love the card as well. ombre well done!

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE your card in ombre! Cute treat holder.

shescrafty said...

Gorgeous baby card! Love the colors!

Sandra said...

wonderful card - love the colors on it.
The candy packaging is so cute!
Sandra ltb

Marlou McAlees said...

love your card!! this scallop die is definitely on my list to buy :) :)

Scrapaddict said...

Cute, cute card!

Sue D said...

Very cute treat bag and love the ombre scallops on the card.

Sue McRae said...

Love the drama of all those wonderful layers of scallops.

Miriam Prantner said...

That card is fantastic! Loving all those layered borders, and it's just the right touch for that sweet bag topper!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love the scalloped look and the cute treat bag.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so cute! I love this idea!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Your ombre card rocks as well! great color combo!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my! 2 fantastic creations! I am so loving ombré card! Live your bunny treat too! Wow to both!! Wow!!

Barb Ghig said...

I really love your card and treat holder...so cute!

Wida said...

holy cow this is beautiful!

Denise Bryant said...

Adorable projects! Lovin' that scalloped border die!

Karenladd said...

These layered scallops are wonderful! LOVE the graduated colors!

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for linking this up to the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

PapierGirl said...

Wow...you did a magnificent job with the gorgeous Ombre card and showcasing this die! :)

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Beautiful ombre card and I love the magic beans bag for your son., so sweet.TFS

Shannon White said...

OMGoodness these are both so Adorable!! 8-)

keeleykats said...

Love your Baby Girl card! So beautiful!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Love your color blocking, these are fabulous.

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Love your ombre scallops, and the scalloped border on the treat bag is such a great touch!!

Chris said...

awesome projects, love the ombre card!! and your jelly bean holder is adorable!

Cristin Fransen said...

Love your magic eggs idea!! If I could just remember, I would use it :) Your little man looks an awful lot like you, I think?! Such a handsome guy! Love the pics! Is he wearing a Steeler's jersey?! :)

canadian_liner said...

LOVE your non-trad baby-girl card, and the jelly bean idea is TOO cute...

Larissa Heskett said...

Such a BEAUTIFUL card and treat bag!! I LOVE the FUN Design!! SO EXCITED about the release!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Julie E said...

Awww, sweetness all around. What fun with the beans!