Thursday, April 25, 2013

April Papertrey Ink Blog Hop ~

Hey there!  I’m jumping in with a quick post for the Papertrey Ink April blog hop.  The challenge this month is to design on an angle – something I don’t love to do!  I’m way too OCD for tilty things :)  Here’s my card
april pti blog hop
I used the leafy vine die and stacked two on top of each other for the tilted angle.  The hb sentiment is from Mother, stamped in Versafine Onyx Black…had I thought to add it before the vines, it would be embossed but I forgot to think that far ahead! 
april pti blog hop dThe violets are white embossed and watercolored with reinkers.   interested about the colors I used, leave a comment and I’ll respond.  I'm linking this up with the Moxie Fab World's Wonder of Watercolor challenge.  Lastly, I added some fun lavendar rhinestones in a *random* pattern.  Ha!  I tried for random and can never make it look like the pros!  I’m also entering this into the CAS-ual Fridays birthday challenge and Simon Says Stamp challenge - anything goes.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great time on the hop!

Alyssa

21 comments:

Lee said...

Lovely card. I love the rhinestones and the watercoloured pansies and leaves. Just bought an aqua brush and I need to give this technique a try soon...it's so beautiful.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

oooh, gorgeousness! I really want to try the watercolor look!

Linda said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love it.

Leigh said...

Lovely! Your flower looks amazing!

Audrey said...

Your watercoloring is gorgeous! Beautiful card!!

Nicki S said...

Love your card! Beautiful colors, layout, and watercoloring! Great work :)

Pamela said...

The coloring of the flower is just beautiful and looks so so real! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I forgot to tell you something...Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Alyssa, the water coloured flowers are gorgeous :)

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Kristii said...

Oh so pretty!! Love the die cut border and the floral is gorgeous!

Jacquie Southas said...

What an amazing watercolored flower! Love the purple vine border too.

artful-notions said...

So clever to anchor your flower down with the vine border. And love how you doubled it. Your lovely water colored pansy is a work of art! And the placement of bling IS pro!

bjmartin said...

So pretty - love the watercolor flower! Your rhinestones look perfectly placed to me!

Lisa Carroll said...

Gorgeous card! Your flower is perfect and I love the layered diecut on the angle! :) Thanks for playing along in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog!

Jocelyn Olson said...

LOL about the OCD. I think you did a fab job with the tilting. The watercoloring on the flower is so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

claudia shadler said...

awesome coloring! luv the purple/violet coloring :)

C

Alice Wertz said...

love the colors! such a beautiful card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Chris said...

just beautiful! love the watercoloring!

Tanvi Shah said...

The coloring is so stunning, so is the card. Glad to be your new follower.

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)