Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sweet Guest Stamping ~

Guest Designer Badge 181Hi there!  Happy Easter to all those that celebrate!  We’re not into the religion of it in this household, but we sure do love that Easter bunny and hunting for eggs!

I alluded yesterday to having something fun up my sleeve for Sunday.  I’m super excited to announce that I was chosen to be the Guest Stamper for Sweet Sunday Sketches!   Karen chose my card from SSSC179 to play along with today’s sketch.  Thank you, Karen! 

I needed a birthday card for a dear friend’s momma, so I set to work with this fabulous sketch and some new goodies from Papertrey Ink.  (Gee, they take a long time to ship!!  I wish I didn’t love them so…)

annies mom bday

I knew right away I wanted to use my Year of Flowers: Mums dies but didn’t have a ton of time.  I cut them out of Autumn Rose and some old Stampin’ Up color and clear embossed them.  A few flicks of Copics really brought the flower and leaves to life.  I didn’t have any patterned paper that I liked with it, so I kept the background neutral.  I really love Soft Stone and Smokey Shadow together; they’re much warmer than just using black and white.

annies mom bday dHere’s a little detail of the dimension and texture

The tilted panel did give me a bit of pause because I couldn’t decide how to stamp the sentiment.  I called in some reinforcements via text and made sure it would be ok to align it with the card base rather than the tilted panel, and got a resounding yes! Yay!  My straight laced ways were having a hard time with it Winking smile Since this is a twisted panel, I’m linking it up to the Crazy 4 Challenges #179: Twist, and also to Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Anything Goes

 

And the wonderful sketch…guess you can see where I got the polka dot background idea.

SSSC181

Make sure you bop on over to Karen’s blog, The Sweetest Thing (try getting that song out of your head now!), and see her wonderful creation!  I hope you play along too.  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Come back tomorrow for the first peeks at the release for Lil’ Inker Designs

 

Alyssa

12 comments:

Karen Motz said...

This is beautiful! I love that you placed the sentiment so it's straight and that flower is so pretty!

Tracy said...

OMW! I literally had to pick my jaw up off the floor when I came to your blog. This is A*M*A*Z*I*N*G! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Such an honor to have you play along with us!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh wow! This is STUNNING! LOVE that flower! Gorgeous creation!

Lori said...

Just beautiful! Love the clear embossing on the flower image.

Karen Giron said...

This is SO stunning Alyssa! I love the embossed detail on the flower and leaves and the button and ribbon are the perfect accent. Fabulous job with the sketch and I'm so thrilled you were able to join the team this week!

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! Really classy and elegant! :) Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xxo

Leigh Ann Baird said...

OMG. I love this!!

Wida said...

well look at you HOT STUFF! guesting like the champ you are. Love what you do with flowers. It is gorgeous!

Lynn Put said...

Gorgeous card! Love your pretty embossed flower and your ribbon button detail!

Chris said...

omg this is gorgeous!! love the flower!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your card is beautiful!

Julie E said...

Gorgeous!