Sunday, March 24, 2013

Not a stamp in sight ~

Hi there!  I thought I’d pop in today with a little card that I made for a recent publication submission.  Of course, I didn’t get that happy email, so I’m sharing it here.  Also, it just so happens to fit in with CFC95: No Stamps.
CAS-ualFridaysNoWords
I keep a little secret Pinterest board that is card inspiration.  I don’t know why it’s a secret board, really, but that’s the way I have it set up.  Anyway, the inspiration picture was of a covered notebook using triangle shapes.  So I pulled out my Harlequin coverplate and got to work.
casfri no stamps
I think this is a great design that would look fabulous with so many different colors!  The fun little scallop circle softens the edges of all these diamonds.  I’m thinking I may have to use this background and replace the die cut word circle with a felt or colored flower.  So many possibilities!  This one is great too because it’s super flat and easy to mail.  Well, that’s all from me today!  I have a few other ideas brewing for some cards this week, so I hope I have time to play today.  Also, we’re having a little release from Lil’ Inker Designs next week.  Be sure to come back on Monday
April113BlogHop
Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Alyssa

12 comments:

Leothcraeft said...

What a stunning card. Love the crispness that the diecutting gave it.

mypapercraftworld said...

Beautiful ... love how you've 'randomly' added the pops of colour back in to the diamond lattice! Anita (in France) :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

You know I love this card, don't you!? I think it's modern and retro at the same time! I'm so glad you linked up at CAS-ual Fridays!!

Deb said...

Alyssa, this rocks!!! I love how you used your harlequin coverplate! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Bethany Stellpflug said...

oh, this is amazing. I love the classy colors you used, and the beautiful clean and simple layout of the card! :)

Kelly Griglione said...

Just beautiful! Love your white on white. Thanks so much for joining the CASual Fridays Challenge this week!

Wida said...

I am so behind on my commenting, but you didn't need me to say this was awesome did you? cuz you knew it all the time you BIG TIME WINNER!!! yeah!

maria f. said...

Congrats on the shout out at CAS Fridays. This card is cool. This die is uber cool.

Julie E said...

I like! Now you need to share how to keep a board secret! I don't want my family and friends following me - LOL! How will I ever be able to pin gift ideas etc???

fun stamping said...

Stunning card - love how you used it!

Mary-Anne V said...

wow this is stunning.

Chris said...

WTF? they didn't want this one? they are all on crack cuz this is very cool!! their loss!