Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Designed to Color ~


Hi all!  The Lil’ Inker Designs Color Team has, well, teamed up with the Designed to Color Team to celebrate the first birthday of the Designed to Color magazine!  How fun!  We have a blog hop with prizes and lots of amazing eye candy.  You should’ve arrived from the fabulous Lisa’s blog.  If not, the hop list is at the bottom of this post.  Here we go
lid dtc hop
I chose to use a little cutie from the 2 Cute Ink line of stamps aptly named Cutie Cat.  The flowers are stamped a second time and popped up on a thin dimensional foam tape.  The layout is the current Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.  Such a great one!  The papers are Echo Park This & That Graceful.  I used the Lil’ Inker Designs Stitched Sentiment Flag stamped with a little sentiment from The Sugar Kissed Cottage Surprise! 
lid dtc hop dImage: Cutie Cat
Medium:Copics
Fur: W3, W5, W7
Ears: R02, R05
Grass & Flower Leaves: YG17, YG23, YG25, YG95
Flowers (clockwise): BV00, C1, Y35; R32, R35, R37; R81, R83, R85, R89, Y35
Image: Cutie Cat
Paper: Papertrey Ink Stamper’s Select White, Hawaiian Shores; Echo Park This & That Graceful
Elements: Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores button, silk ribbon, banner die; Spellbinders circle and scallop circle dies; Sizzix argyle embossing folder

Ok, so I mentioned prizes…all you have to do is comment on this post for your chance to win!  I would love to know if you ever dislike something you’ve made and rip it apart, making something new with the image you colored?  The hop is open through March 7th, 11:59pm CST.  Winners will be announced no later than March 9th!  What can you win?
DTC_janFebMar2013-cover

Designed to Color is offering up the current issue, as well as the June/July, Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov issues!  Yay!

Lil' Inker Designs is offering up 2 stamp sets of the winner's choosing!!



Here’s the hop list:
Designed to Color http://www.designedtocolor.com
Carisa http://ladyguineveresinkyfaeries.blogspot.com/
Laura N. http://www.thecraftysister.com/
Lisa http://lisabeesponderings.blogspot.com/
Alyssa http://critterlyss.blogspot.com/    <------ You are here!
Lizzie http://www.ohsnaplizzie.com/
Kim  www.paperperfectdesigns.blogspot.com
Judith http://jgsnook.blogspot.com/
Susie  http://www.TheDiesHaveIt.com/
Leah  http://thechroniclesoforange.blogspot.com/
Mary http://maryjdesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
Lis  http://mycraftblogumentary.blogspot.co.uk/
Taylor http://taylorusry.blogspot.com/
Isha http://www.hobbyandideas.blogspot.ca/
Lil’ Inker Designs http://www.shoplilinker.blogspot.com

Now you are headed to Lizzie’s blog!  Have a blast, hoppers! 
 
Alyssa

54 comments:

lizzie said...

Alyssa... you are just a GEM! This card is just super duper fab!!! Please say that you will submit to our next call? Please please?
Thnx so much for participating with us at DTC and making this hop so awesome!!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Eeek, this is so cute! I love everything about it!

Lisa M. (aka Lisabee) said...

i agree with Lizzie! You NEEED to submit in our next call! I just adore this little cat. Seriously. I have since I first saw him. Why don't I own him yet??

Thanks for teaming up with us at DTC!

Lisa M.
DTC Team
My Craftin' Blog

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

This guy is such a cutie. Great card. TFS

Jane said...

What a cutie, I love the way the flowers sit outside the die cut, very clever x

GCLmom said...

Alyssa, this is adorable. Nice detailing with the flowers! :)

Tami B. said...

This sweet kitty again. Beautiful card. I tear things apart all the time! (I don't know what I would do without "Undu".)

Margreet said...

Gorgeous colouring...love your bright coloured flowers...and I keep trying to complete my card until I'm satisfied (more or less).
xxx Margreet

Sue D said...

How adorable--love your coloring and papers. Yes--I often rip things apart and remake!

Kristie Goulet said...

So cute! LOVE it!!!

Amy#8546(TheTigersHaven) said...

Awe....sooooo very cute... I love your card. I have made things before that I did not like. I would either throw it to the side and try again to create what I wanted and use it later or I would take it and do something different to it to make it into something else. Never ripped anything up though...

mypurplehouse said...

This image is just so sweet! I really like how you gave dimesion to the flowers!Great Card!
Lyn

VanessaB said...

super CUTE!!! love the colors/papers and that sketch. love your sweet card :)

Chitra Nair said...

Beautiful card, love the kitty and the DP is so gorgeous..

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

totally adorable card...that is the sweetest cat!

Star said...

This is just so adorable!! I love that cute little kitty, and your coloring is wonderful! Great papers and layout. TFS!

MamaKaraba said...

Lovely layers on your card. I LOVE the way your kitty and flowers coordinate with the flowered paper.

Miriam Prantner said...

That kitty is so cute, love this sweet card!

Kathy S. said...

That kitty is a cutie! Great job coloring. Colorful and fun.

JanR said...

So cute!

Oh yes, I have created something so hideous that I've had to rip it apart. Sometimes it's so bad that I've ripped it apart with relish. (I mean that in the "with gusto" way, not the condiment way.) Sometimes pieces survive to live on another card, sometimes, well it's probably best not to dwell on what happened to them. ;-)

Trisha said...

Sweet card, Alyssa. Love your coloring and colors and the beautiful paper that you selected. I am a new follower.

Mary J said...

So gorgeous Alyssa - love the embossing folder and papers!

Melinda Sweetman said...

I love what you have done with this cute lil cat too!! And I love your banners. Thanks for sharing :D

Denise Ebbs said...

I love your colors. Nice and bright.

Renee said...

Adorable card, LOVE the bold pp, the embossed top and the sentiment pennants!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Fabulous card! I love how the flowers look real and coming off of the page!

Mary-Anne V said...

wonderful card...love your take of the sketch. I esp. like your talent for mixing big bold patterned paper with the images.

Indy said...

This kitty is absolutely darling, and your embossing, colors, pattern papers make a beautiful spring card! Love it! As to your question, yes, I have created a card...hated it...cut the image off, and reused the image!

Leslie Germain said...

Hi Alyssa. You have that adorable cat too. And your card is just as cute as the other. Sending some bloggy love from the hop. Glad I was able to visit.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

paperpapier said...

beautiful paper, cute image, excellent colouring skill = awesome card!

Lisa T said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the contrast of the embossed white cs and the vivid floral dp. (Love that paper, too, BTW.)
I've removed parts of a card and rearranged them. A few times I messed up an image on a finished card and had to replace it. (Occasionally, I put an uncolored image on a completed card so I can match it exactly to the dp/cs.)

Karenladd said...

Awww, I just want to cuddle that sweet kitty! LOVE all the fun papers you used!

Denise Bryant said...

Love this sweet kitty card.... great coloring!

Billie A said...

Love the image that cat is so cute and sitting on the bed of colorful flowers is perfect. I love this card the colors and the image..great

Angel watson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Phi said...

Such a vibrant card. I'm liking this stamp set more and more I see it.

mary said...

I just love this stamp. The coloring is wonderful, so bright and fun, thanks

Rhonda Harre said...

Cute bold color card - The kitten is popping! Love the embellishments.

Sara said...

I really need to get that adorable stamp! Great card....I love the coloring and the colors!

Emily Lauritzen said...

I absolutely love this little cutie! Gorgeous card! I love the embossed background!
<3 Emily L.

Iris said...

Cute card. Love the bright colors and the adorable kitty. Iris

frogquilter said...

Just love this kitty...great coloring! hopping along

Carisa said...

This is adorable! I love this little kitty! You did a great job coloring her! Thanks for joining us in this hop!!

Mimi said...

sweet kitty! love the beautiful colors and layout! ;D

Leah the Orange said...

ooooh, what a gorje card! love how you've colored him up, Alyssa, and it has been so much fun collaborating with the Lil' Inkers Designs crew on this hop! thanks for playing with our Color Crew! :) and i hope we'll be seeing you in a future issue of Designed to Color! :D

Isha Gupta said...

Alyssa, this is such a fun a gorgeous card. Gorgeous coloring too :)

marylouh said...

I love this kitty. I smile every time I see him. You have a very bright, pretty card. Great job.

April Story said...

I think I need that stamp - it is adorable. Great use of colors.
April

Diana Fernandez said...

so so so so cute!!! I just love that little kitty!

GCLmom said...

Would like to add in that even if I dislike something I've made, I've kept it to remember to learn from my mistakes.

Jennifer Scull said...

oh my goodness, this is SWEET! :)

Julie E said...

Awww - colorful and sweet!

Chris said...

this is adorable!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Hehe, this little kitty looks *so* pleased with himself! Love his colouring, as well as the gorgeous colour combo and composition of this card!