Saturday, March 9, 2013

Cloud9 March Challenge ~

Hello!  How’s your weekend going?  Ours is pretty chilly.  We had a winter storm warning in effect for last night and today – we were supposed to get around 14” of snow.  We woke up this morning to…nothing!  lol  Later, it started to snow and looked like it was going to get nasty.  We wound up only getting about 1.5” and most of it has already melted.  Gotta love Colorado!  Anyway…

This card was inspired by a few challenges out there – the first being the Cloud 9 March challenge.  I also wanted to play along with the CASE study challenge #131, who’s muse this month is the one and only Julie Ebersole.  Here are the photos for them

         Screen shot 2011-06-13 at 6.39.50 PM                   6a00d8341bfdba53ef015432ce15a9970c-800wi_zps22851bdc

Both are just so beautiful!  Unfortunately, I don’t have any Wplus9 Designs floral stamps, so I used the Flourishes Lenten Rose and white embossed it on kraft.  Before I colored it with Copics, I used a waterbrush filled with bleach to lighten up the areas I wanted to color.

cloud9 mar13

This is such a pretty card IRL.  Not sure if it really comes across on the ole blog.  Since I wanted to use this for the Cloud9 challenge, I needed to come up with a stamp to use.  The only sets I have are holiday related though.  So I took two sentiment stamps from Classic Christmas, masked out the ‘season’ portion and added ‘year’ from a happy new year sentiment.  I’ll be able to use this as a birthday card now!  Yay!  The only thing I wish I’d done differently on this card is to not add the doodled frame.  I’ve done a doodle once or twice before and liked the outcome but this one got a bit messed up, and the more I added to try to fix the look, the more I jacked it up!  Argh…too much coloring and time spent on this to change it, so I’ll just have to chalk it up to a lesson learned.  Don’t focus on that though, k?  Let’s just look at the pretty effect of the white embossed flower

cloud9 mar13d

Two more challenges I’m entering this into are the Simon Says Stamp A bit o’ green, and the Oozak March challenge: Anything Goes with Spring.  Flowers are springy.

COPICS: YG11, YG13, YG17, R30, R32, R35, R37, E42

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great rest of your weekend!

 

Alyssa

17 comments:

Julie E said...

It is gorgeous! What a great interpretation. As always your flowers are amazing!

Laurie said...

Complete gorgeousness!! I love it!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

This is really pretty Alyssa! Your colouring is awesome, and one of my favourite things to do is to mask sentiments to create new ones!

Maureen said...

I just noticed what a pretty frame it was! LOVE the gorgeous flowers, cool sentiment and the white card base. Everything works on this! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE STudy :)

Monika Reeck said...

Love your fun frame and love that flowers...great color combo too...beautifully done...Love your card...good luck with the challenge

I see your card on CASE Study, I am also joining the challenge on CASE Study, my card is number 33, would you mind to see it on my Blog?I would be so glad if you leave me some love too :) Many thanks before. Hugs, Monika from Munich.

Teneale Williams said...

Just wonderful! I can see what inspired you for the CASE Study muse! Thanks for playing at CASE Study this week.

Teneale

Dawny P said...

Fabulous work chick :) A great design and lovely colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge, hugs, Dawny x

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

A gorgeous card, those flowers are amazing

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

Hugs

Jo x

Maureen Merritt said...

This card is gorgeous and how clever to create your own sentiment!

Suzanne said...

Hi pretty girl with the pretty card!! I love your take on Julie's card - the image along the edge is so fun!! And I love how you've colored the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Cloud9!!

Larissa Heskett said...

Beautiful Card!! Love your take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

anya said...

Stunning! Gorgeous coloring, and I just love the white embossing on Kraft. Your custom-made sentiment is fabulous! Thanks for playing at Cloud9!

Patti J said...

Alyssa, these are gorgeous! Thank you for joining us this month for the challenge at Oozak!

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!! awesome coloring on this!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS, Alyssa!!! I LOVE the way you embossed and colored the flowers! It was really nice meeting you at Archivers today!!! What a fun and super talented group of girls!!! Hope to get together again soon!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning! Seriously gorgeous!

Wida said...

I own this! HA!!!!! it is stunning, one of my all time favorites of yours :)