Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 1 ~

FebBlogHop

Welcome to the February release for Lil’ Inker Designs!!  We have two introductions today.  First, and most important, we have a new design team member!  Please welcome the spectacular Suzanne Dahlberg!  As you continue on the hop, please give her a warm welcome.  We also have a super fun, on trend stamp and die set that we are introducing today.  The stamp set is called Darling Diamonds, and it pairs perfectly with a die that is a stitched pattern.  Make sense?  Yeah, not really…I know, so just take a look

darling diamonds sparkle shine

The die covers the entire front of a 4.25 x 5.5 card.  It stitches in a beautiful circle and diamond pattern.  I was totally in love with this when I first saw the sneak peek, but then when I got it in my hot little hands, I was completely stumped!  Off to Pinterest my fingers flew to find something, anything to give me some inspiration.  I found cakes, phone cases, fabrics, frosted glass fixtures…all kinds of ideas.  So I decided to make a sparkly card just for fun! I used blue and white shimmer cardstock and gobs of clear rhinestones.  I added the small stitched bow at an angle to accentuate the sentiment.  The sentiment is from Winter Greetings and is selectively inked and stamped on two stitched sentiment flags.  

Here’s my next card that shows how you can use the stamp set with the stitched die plate.

darling diamonds hello

For this card, I layered a 4.25 x 4.25 stitched square over the card front.  It is stamped with Distress inks in Peacock Feathers, Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass and Weathered Wood.  The hello is from the Darling Diamonds stamp set and is paired with a random friend stamp from my stash.  I liked the mix of the two fonts.  Of course, I could’ve left well enough alone and had myself an easy to mail card, but it needed a little something.  I added a peacock colored satin ribbon and topped it with a smokey shadow button tied with white embroidery floss.

Ok, this is a hop with prizes – two $10 gift certificates to the Lil’ Inker Designs store – randomly placed on a secret blog.  Leave comments along the way for more chances to win!  You should’ve arrived from Alicia’s blog.  If not, hop on back to Laura’s to get started right!  Your next stop from here is Amy!  Thanks so much for stopping by :)  Have fun hopping! 

 

Alyssa

46 comments:

Sarah said...

That first card is just stunning! I love the way the shimmer card stock and rhinestones highlight our new stitched pattern die.

Jen Carter said...

These turned out very pretty Alyssa! Glad you were able to find some inspiration!

Alicia Thelin said...

Beautiful and elegant cards, LOve 'em!

Tracy said...

Love your cards, beautiful!

theCook said...

That first card is so elegant! I think I'm going to "need" that stitched background...

Marlou McAlees said...

Two stunning cards!!! love both them :) :)

Bev Karolak said...

Simply beautiful cards!!!! Love the bow!

Kristie Goulet said...

Two simply stunning cards! LOVE them!

Margie said...

So stunning (I know that's what everyone is saying-because it's true!!)! Gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Wow--love the elegance of the first card. Great colors on the second card.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

these are fabulous, love your sparkle and shine.

Barbara T. said...

Great use of gems. Loving the circles and diamonds.

Sue McRae said...

Love the Circle & Diamond Stitched Die done in the dark blue, so elegant!

Houses Built of Cards said...

WOW! Both cards are beautiful - but that first one is particularly elegant! LOVE it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

SugarGem said...

Oooo I'm in love with your sparkle card so beautiful. Lovesugargem@gmail

Mary-Anne V said...

Very elegant black card with the bling and I love the blues on the 2nd.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! I love how elegant that first one is!

Geri said...

Awesome job showcasing the versatility of these new products!

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful cards!! You did a fantastic job of showcasing the versatility of these new products!!!

Mary J said...

You've created two amazing cards Alyssa! The first is so elegant and could be perfect for a modern wedding card and the second is perfect for a guy or girl!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

wow these are beautiful! I am completely drawn to your first card... stunning on that black!

marylouh said...

I love this design because it looks so much like a quilt pattern. The dark paper with the rhinestone accents is beautiful. I'll put that on one my lists of "remember to make". thanks.

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous cards! I love the simple elegance of the first one.

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! I love the new die! The first card is so pretty with the stitched bow (one of my favorites!) and sparkle! Great color combo on the second card!
DeniseB

Laura Pryor said...

Oh my goodness!!! I don't even know what to say!! These are two fabulous FABULOUS designs!!! WOW!!! I love how you incorporated the Bow Die and the Winter Greetings Stamp set!! Amazing! The colors you used in the second card just blow me away!!! Love love love!!

Suzanne said...

Hi Alyssa! I love your cards! Navy is one of my favorite colors, and it's hard to find a true dark navy cardstock but this one is so perfect! And I love what you've done with the bow die!

Shelly said...

So so pretty! Great designs and such a pretty bow on your first card.
Shelly

PJ said...

Swoon-worthy for sure! Love them both!

Tricia said...

Gorgeous cards, Alyssa! Great new dies and stamps from Lil' Inker to work with, too!

Isha Gupta said...

Gorgeous cards Alyssa. Love the elegance of the first and the fun pattern n colors on the 2nd. :)

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Oh my - these are *fabulous* Alyssa! My heart goes crazy for the first one in particular - all that bling and shimmer makes me giddy!!

McStamper said...

What fantastic cards. Love the new stamps and dies.

C Wu said...

beautiful cards.

Tracy said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Erika's Cupboard said...

I love the two cards!!!

Moosisk said...

I just love your cards and this sneak peek for the upcoming release. I am definitely putting these on my "must have" list. :D

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Good grief, woman! Both are jaw dropping.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Stunning cards.

LEG Studios said...

LOVE that sparkle card! I get so distracted by shiny objects! :) That die looks like a must-have!

SHartl said...

Your cards are so beautiful..love the sparkle and shine!

canadian_liner said...

Love the combo of he glitter and bling (reminds me of my mom's fancy "going out" clutch!). Endless possibilities with that circle and diamond stamp set.

Sharron said...

Stunning--love them both!!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Both are gorgeous! Love the colors you used. TFS

laughadaisy said...

Oh my heck, your navy card is fabulous. Wow! I love the second one, too. The colors and embellishments are perfect. Awesome work. ;-)

Chris said...

oooh very pretty cards!!

Julie E said...

Gorgeous! The blue and sparkle were meant to be together.