Friday, January 11, 2013

Winter Thank You ~

Hi there!  I’m bopping in really quickly with a card that’s been a brewin’ in the old noggin for a couple of days.  I even bought special paper for it and then thought I wouldn't have time for the challenge to make it.  As I was getting ready for work today, it began to snow.  I put the dogs out to run off a little steam before they got cooped up for the day.  When I came downstairs 15 minutes later, the snow had accumulated to about 1.5” and blizzard-like.  I couldn't see fully across the street.  I called in to work asking if they really needed me or not.  Yay!  They said no!  So I got to play again in the cave :o)  Of course it stopped about an hour later, and we only got about 4", but it looked really bad at the time!  I feel a little guilty...

Anyway, it all started with this inspiration pic from the Cloud 9 challenge blog
newyear
I pulled out my new Simple Snowflake die from Wplus9 Designs and went to town.
wplus9 jan13
It’s layered over a couple of lotus dies from Spellbinders with a black and kraft Lil Inker Designs snowflake layered on top.  While it didn’t turn out exactly as I’d envisioned, I kind of like it.  And I get to mark another Xmas thank you card off the list!  Here’s a little shot of the dimension with all the flakes.
wplus9 jan13d
     Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope  you have a fabulous weekend!  Smile lyss

Challenges:
Cloud 9: January 2013
Papertake Weekly: Something new

10 comments:

Gita said...

Great card. Love the musical paper and the rhinestones on the corners.

Suzanne said...

Alyssa! This is so stunning! I love it! Thanks very much for joining us this month at Cloud9!

maryrose said...

So pretty! Love that snowflake!

acons said...

Bold and beautiful!

Gayatri said...

Love all the layering. That black doily is great! Thanks for playing along with us @ Cloud9:)

Lisa aka Myran said...

Awesome color combo and pretty dsp! Great card Alyssa. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

anya said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! All those layered dies created such a fabulous focal image. Love that little bit of silver from the snowflake, too. So glad you could join us for this month's Cloud9 Blog Hop!

Julie E said...

Ha! A productive snow day :>) We had one here today - I colored, but didn't finish anything.

Wida said...

this is what you do best and why I love your work. its beautiful!

Chris said...

very very pretty!!