Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shimmery Thank You ~

Hi there!  Hope you all are doing great!  We’ve been a little down, first with the stomach flu and then with a head cold this past week…ugh!  We also have company, so I haven’t been able to rush to my craft cave and play.  Hubby took the nephew (said company) to the shooting range this morning and the little is back at preschool, so I jumped at the chance at a little alone time.  Smile   I’ve had this card in my head for almost a week now!  It all started with the CASual Fridays challenge of a thank you card and Papertake Weekly New challenge – use a ‘new’ theme or use something new.  Simon Says Stamp also had a new themed challenge when the idea was born, but I missed the cut off on that one.  Their new challenge is Black, White and a Splash of Color, so we’ll just go with that for this card. 

peacock t y

This peacock feather stamp was gifted to me last Christmas, but I’ve never used it, so I guess you could consider that new??  If not, the make up I used to color it is!  Ha!  The feather is stamped in VersaMark.  I used some Q-tips in different eye shadows to achieve the look, which is super shimmery in real life.  I tried to capture a picture, but it just wasn’t happenin’!  Being the Virgo that I am, I absolutely had to be as true to real life as possible, so I used a real feather for inspiration.  The sentiment is clear embossed with black VersaFine.  Easy peasy!  Hope you like!  Thanks for stopping by!  Smile lyss

10 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

My comment didn't show up. Grrr.

Anyway...this is beautiful! It looks real! The eyeshadow is genuis--I'm totally trying that!

Angie Tieman said...

Wowza, this is gorgeous! I totally thought it was a real feather, still can't believe it! And I'm trying the eye shadow trick too! An excuse to go buy more eye shadow! hehe! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Marlou McAlees said...

I love your card!! fabulous :)

Debby said...

Now that is one beautiful way to colour! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Zw@@n said...

This is SO beautiful! Luv, Wilma

Wida said...

the coloring on this and the design is absolutely gorgeous (no doubt cuz you are a coloring wizard). when we meet, you MUST color something so I can copy you, I mean watch you. congrats on your CFC win

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Wow! This is AMAZING! I thought it was a real feather! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Julie E said...

I could have sworn I left a comment on this. Beautiful stamp and you are just so creative!

lada_vl said...

Magnificent job! The stamp is colored simply amazingly, very realistic!

Chris said...

very elegant!