Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 3 ~

Hi there!  Welcome back to the final day of the Lil’ Inker Designs January release hop!  Hopefully you’ve arrived here from Alicia’s blog…if not, hop on back to Laura’s blog to get started off right.
Today I have another card using the Sugar Kissed Cottage line of stamps.  This set is Eat Dessert First - it includes a sweet image of friends talking over their milkshakes and 4 sentiments.  These designs always make me think of the 50’s and all their pastel colors.  I rummaged around in my patterned paper stash to come up with a fresh take and some colors that are really hot right now in design world.  Mint green and coral!
dessert
The papers are Cosmo Cricket Clementine.  I’ve seen this layout using flags of different papers as a background and really love how it keeps the design more CAS.  The stitched flag is stamped with one of the sentiments included in the set and flanked with a melon berry button and a teal spritzed wood veneer heart.  I almost never use these wood embellishments on cards because they’re so expensive and I figure someone will just throw this away (eventually).  Eh, whatever!  The gal I have in mind for this card is worth it!  lol  A close up and the entire set…
            dessert d           Eat Dessert First
Thank you for your wonderful comments this week!  I truly appreciate each and every one.  Hop on your way over to Amy Kolling for some more amazing-ness! 

Alyssa

24 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Your paper is so perfect with your images and the card design is fabulous!

Jeri Darr said...

The vintage vibe is so cool! Love the colors you chose!

Sue - bearhouse said...

This is gorgeous, I really love the image and the colours and layout are fabulous
Thank you for a fun 3 day hop!
Sue

maria f. said...

So reminiscent of the diner/soda fountain days (I hear my Mom saying "a scoop of ice cream was 5 cents when I was a kid"). Love the PP choice to go with your coloring.

Anne Temple said...

Fabulous color choices and coloring of this sweet image. Love this stamp line.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! What a gorgeous card! LOVE the papers and the colors - they are perfect!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Alyssa. Lovely coloring of the new SKC image.

Theresa said...

Such a cool vintage card, Alyssa! Love the colors and the patterned paper!

Kristie Goulet said...

Great vintage card, Alyssa! So fun!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is so sweet! I love the image and the design! Makes me smile.

Miriam Prantner said...

Your coloring just blows me away, and that paper with the little vintage image face is perfect!

Laura Pryor said...

Absolutely perfect paper and colors!! LOVE!!!

Sue D said...

Great coloring and papers!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

love the paper you used! It is perfect for that image and the coloring is AMAZING!

PJ said...

So sweet! Love the colors!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wonderful patterned paper to match the beautifully coloured image.

keeleykats said...

I love the colors & image, very retro!

Moosisk said...

How adorable! Your coloring is amazing. That patterned paper is perfect for these little ladies. :D

Linda Beeson said...

I am so madly in love with your color combination, simply adorable with that perfect patterned paper.

Tracy said...

I'm crazy about fishtail banners and you've loaded this card with them. Just ordered that small stitched one and can't wait to get it. Fantastic card! TFS!

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful coloring and paper choices on your card! Love the sweet new image!
DeniseB

Gita said...

Love this sweet card and the vintage image.

Chris said...

love your use of 10 million copics here. lololol reminds me of those corny movies we had to watch in school way back when...

McStamper said...

What a darling card - love the image and great coloring.