Sunday, January 20, 2013

Lil’ Inker Designs Release Hop Day 1 ~

Hi there!  Lil’ Inker Designs is having a new release this month with tons of fun stamps and dies!  Have you stopped by from Alicia’s blog?  I sure hope so!  If not, bop back to Laura’s blog to get started on the full hop.  Make sure you leave comments with all the designers along the way – there will be two randomly selected comments to win a gift certificate to the Lil’ Inker Designs store!

I’m so excited to show you this new little cutie in the 2 Cute Ink line.  His name is Bunny Star.  He’s small and sweet with 4 sentiments.  I was inspired by the Moxie Fab World Itty Bitty Card Challenge for this first little one.  I thought of a lunch box note for my little to find one day because this set comes with a couple encouraging school sentiments.

bunny star little

This star is about 3 inches across.  I cut a base from a light weight white cardstock and cut the point of the star over the fold.  The glitter star was cut whole and glued to the top.  He’s colored in warm greys, and his arm and the star are cut out and colored again.  Lots of fussy cutting here for a lunch box note…may have to rethink this one!  lol

bunny star d              bunny star inside

The base of the arm is glued straight down with a foam piece in the center of the star.  The inside is finished off with the “A+” sentiment and Star Student.  Sweet and cute!

This next card is for Z’s friend from pre-school, Jackson.  His birthday party is next weekend, so I thought this was a perfect use for this set.  I gave myself a little giggle by naming the photo Jackson 5.  Hahahaha

jackson 5

I used an embossing folder on vellum and highlighted his new age with a marker.  This time he is colored in cool grays and accented with a bunch of turquoise dots to help him stand out on the white.  Lots of glittery stars because at this age it’s still ok to use glitter for boys…I know, I’ve checked out their artwork at school.  I didn’t leave myself enough room to put happy birthday on the front, so I finished it out on the inside.

jackson 5 inside  *Have a Superstar Birthday*

Here’s a shot at the full set

Bunny Star

All righty, it’s the wonderful Amy Kolling’s turn now!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  :o) lyss

32 comments:

Alicia Thelin said...

This is super-darling... I love the star on the inside!

Amy Kolling said...

Love all the glitter and these shaped cards are becoming my favorite!!!

Sue - bearhouse said...

So beautiful, I love that sweet image and the colours are fabulous.

Sue xx

Mary J said...

Oh I love what you've done with the bunny wunny!!

Lisa V. said...

Both cards are adorable, but that little star card is just so sweet. Lovely.

maria f. said...

I'm lovin' the dots you used behind that little guy. Great idea.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very cute cards! I am a fan of stars!!!

Laura Pryor said...

Oh these cards are fantastic!!! I love all the glitter you used. And they way you've colored bunny is stellar! Love love love the star shaped card! Really great projects!!
Laura

Anne Temple said...

Both of these are adorable! Love all the added sparkle and glitter.

Wida said...

You had me at glitter!!!

Sue D said...

Cute projects--great coloring and I like the Jackson 5 name.

Chitra Nair said...

Awwwww this kitty is so cute..

Barb said...

Darling card fo an all-star student. Great job!

Denise Bryant said...

Darling card! Love the star shaped card and that sweet bunny!
DeniseB

Shelly said...

Both are just so adorable! The image is way too cute!
Shelly

Jayne said...

Both the set, itself, and what you did with it are adorable. So cute.

Tracey McNeely said...

Extra cute projects today I love all the glitter.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

These are adorable, love the star shaped card, what a great idea.

RedGem said...

What a cute project I just love the shape card!

PJ said...

Cute! Love all the shine and shapes going on!

Houses Built of Cards said...

How stinkin' SWEET are these! LOVE that adorable image - and that teeny tiny card you made!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Moosisk said...

OMG! This little bunny is SO adorable! Your cards showcase this little cutie SO FABULOUSLY! :D

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is awesome! I love the bright shiny stars!

Mary-Anne V said...

Wow I love bunny star...he is adorable on both cards. The glitter and embossed vellum look great on the last card.

Miriam Prantner said...

These are so cute! I love that bunny and I love the embossed vellum!

Tracy said...

Absolutely fabulous cards! I just want to squeeze this little guy he's so adorable! TFS!

Mary Dimercurio Prasad said...

That bunny is sooo cute! Love the star card, very creative!

Ruza Rebel said...

Love both of your projects! They feature the adorable bunny perfectly! TFS!

Olivia said...

Fabulous adorable. Love the sparkle

Theresa said...

Can you say ADORABLE?!!!! Love all the glitter!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

More smile inducing cards! Both are incredibly adorable1

Chris said...

wicked cute!!!