Friday, December 14, 2012

Pint of Interest #1 ~

Hey there!  About a week ago, my friend Wida and I decided to take an inspiration photo, make a card and share them on our blogs today.  I’m thinking we may continue this, so we’ve decided to give it a name – Pint of Interest.  This name stems from two things: 1. the first time I saw this pic was on Pinterest, and since that’s where we get a ton of inspiration from, it’s a play on words. 2. “Not really, but kinda” We’re not really, but kinda taking it seriously!  Fun, eh? 

I thought I’d be super crafty and make mine into a Christmas card…you know, kill two birds with one stone type of thing. Here’s our inspiration photo.  I just love these boot socks!  So stinking cute!  I have a similar pair on order – one for myself in aqua and one for my step-daughter in linen.

577742_486944911349664_2119499747_n

I took the texture and color of the sock, the buttons and lace as my inspiration.

wida xmas

The base and buttons are Smokey Shadow – a warm grey with lots of brown tones.  The buttons are turned so you can see the writing on them because I liked the extra texture it added.  The button with the bow is a slightly larger size just to draw even more attention to it.  It’s all pretty self explanatory, I think.  The funny thing is that I didn’t even notice all the colors in the quilt that I could have drawn inspiration from until I was typing up this post!  Too funny! 

Here’s where I think I’m really funny though…I made this for Wida and sent it so that she either got it yesterday or today! Ha!  (It’s really Wednesday as I’m typing this, so I don’t know when she got it.  Go me for actually scheduling a post early! lol)  I’m also going to enter this in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge to use your favorite – I love buttons!  I haven’t been using them a ton lately but they are my go to embellishment.

So here’s the fun part, go to Wida’s blog, Beachorado, and check out the fabulousness that she made!  Then stick around and see how fun and amazing her blog is!  Feel free to play along and link up a card you make with this inspiration photo in the comments.  All righty, off to finish a couple more Christmas cards!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  :o) lyss

10 comments:

Wida said...

OMG! I did get my card and I lived it, I love it even more knowing it was made in honor of our blog buddy post here! Thank you for my beautiful card which I plan on copying by the way and for doing this with me!!!!

Laurie said...

Alyssa this is so pretty! I love that embossing and those buttons! Perfect for the picture!

Sarah J. Moerman said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo and design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Lyndal said...

Love your Pinspiration & FAB card Alyssa :)

Noelle said...

wow, this is gorgeous! I think I have these same socks pinned on Pinterest! Too cute, and your card is beautiful! Thanks for popping by my blog, I have been a bit behind, so I really hope your Christmas card photo shoot went great! :)

Julie E said...

Simply perfect - the buttons, the lace, the colors and texture - just perfect!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Love those sock boots! The card fits the inspiration photo perfectly!

Dana Nelson said...

Gorgeous inspiration and fabulous interpretation! Love your card!

Amy Kolling said...

Love this!!! It is absolutely perfect rendition of the inspiration!

Mary J said...

Fabulous, Alyssa!