Monday, December 10, 2012

Gold Poinsettia ~

Hi!  How are you all?  I’m bopping in real quick with a card I made today for my in-laws for Christmas.  My FIL’s birthday is in a few days, so I needed to send his card, and I thought I may as well send the Xmas card along with school photos all at once.  So I hopped on line and found a couple of challenges to play along with. 
My new buddy, Wida, is the guest designer for this month with the CASE study challenge blog.  She’s amazing and funny and insightful and analytical, and hopefully, I’ll get to meet her for reals one of these days since we only live about an hour apart.  :o)  Anywho, this month the muse is Go-to-gal Windy Robinson.  Challenge #120 is this little ditty
IMG_0159
I used the flower focal, sentiment in the lower right, as well as the dry embossing with dies as my inspiration.  Also, the ladies over at JUGS are challenging us this week with embossing – dry or heat…I went with both!  I’m not a fan of gold, I’m more a silver kind of gal, or platinum ;o) But I’ve been embossing with gold ep lately and loving the effect, so I tore out my YOF Poinsettia dies and stamp set and went to town!
gold poinsettia
Sorry for the photo.  I can’t find a great spot for taking photos, and I think my favorite little camera is about to go kaput!  :o(  There are two layers of the smaller size and one larger stamped and embossed in gold.  I added some spring moss leaves embossed in clear.  I have these fun gold beads that are added to the center with glossy accents. 
gold poinsettia d
Each layer is up on a thin foam tape, as is the matted front portion.  Lots of levels here! ha
This was pretty darn easy to do, so I may have to make more this week.  I think I may play around with shading in the leaves and petals a bit though.  You know, because I need to add more to my creative plate!  Hope you’re having a stellar Monday…come back tomorrow for a lot of Lil’ Inker Design goodies!!  :o) lyss

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Holy cow! Gorgeous card my friend!

Maureen said...

oh, my how gorgeous is this? Love the gold and white poinsettia! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

Lynn said...

Absolutely beautiful. The gold embossing is incredible! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Very pretty! Love the non-red poinsetta--not that there is anything wrong with a red one...

Julie E said...

What a great way to use it w/o coloring (and using up a $7 marker ;>) ). Classy :>)