Thursday, December 6, 2012

Classic ~

Hiya!  I don’t know about you, but I tend to make cards for fun and challenges and then have to make special cards for people as their birthdays come up, even though I have 20 or so birthday cards in my stash.  Such was the case this past weekend when I realized it was no longer November and my dad’s birthday was just a couple days away!  Ridiculous, I know, but I don’t think my dad wants a card with a little boy holding dinosaurs on it.  lol

dad bday 12

I found this card on pinterest and knew I had to do my own version.  I used the new Instant Camera die from Lil’ Inker Designs to create a fun frame for the little slug bug.  My friend sent me a few of these little cars from PTI’s Enjoy the Ride a while back, and it fit perfectly!  I sliced out the windshield area and went to trace the line with a Memento marker (I think it looks better to have the outline), when I swiped it right up over the roof of the car.  Grrr!  But I didn’t have time to re-do it, so I had to go against my perfectionistic ways and just go with it.  Once it was all colored up, I stamped in the FATHER license plate (PTI Mixed Messages) and added glossy accents to the headlights and blinker lights. 

dad bday 12 d

The sentiment is from PTI Mod Squad and is embossed.  The letters were cut with PTI alphabet dies.  I added them to the double twill ribbon with glossy accents as well.  I use that stuff for everything!  I fix all my kiddo’s toys with it even!  It’s awesome ;o)

My dad never wanted to get *over the hill*, so I still tease him that he’s 39.

dad bday 12 inside

I used the stamps that I cut from fun foam to add the age.  Super fun! 

I’ve changed some things and cleaned up the sidebars on the blog today.  Holy moly that took a long time!  I’m glad it’s done though…it doesn’t feel so cluttered now.  Hopefully, I will go through my stamps soon and add something to the For Sale page. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a super day!!  :o) lyss

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

My favorite little car! Fab card and I bet your dad loved if!

Julie E said...

Love - I have this car and need to make this!!! Today in fact because my FIL's B-day is Thursday.