Saturday, November 24, 2012

You are Special ~

Hola, mis amigos!  I decided to play along with a little challenge today…CASE Study Challenge #118.  I was pretty literal in my interpretation.  Here’s the challenge inspiration

Thanks-1

I’ve had the Harvest Berries set from PTI for a while now and only inked it up a couple of times.  I love all that is done with it but have too many stamps, it seems, to give it adequate love.  I need an intervention!  lol

case 118

To begin, I stamped a background text in antique linen, the sentiment went in next.  Then the ginkgo leaves in walnut stain.  I added some berries in wild honey and then sponged the edges.  I added Glossy Accents to the berries to help them stand out a bit.  After everything had dried, I added it to the card base with foam tape.  After all that, it just looked blah blah bland!  So I added the leaves from Turning a New Leaf in fired brick.  Ahh, much better!

I’m sending this one off to Operation Write Home.  It’s a bit smaller size than they ask for (it’s requested that cards are the regular A2 size, but hopefully, it can be used and enjoyed.  I have a box of about 30 cards getting ready to be mailed.  I think I’m going to try to turn some scraps that have been laying around forever to some more cards before I send the box off though.  Hope you’re all having a great day!  Thanks for stopping by!!  :o) lyss

12 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Wida said...

really? I think it is too small and you need to send it to ME instead. Holy moly this is such a beautiful card!!! I love the colors you chose and the yellow berry accents. I think the shape is what gives it that little extra!

elizabetakushner said...

Beautiful :)

Therese said...

Really beautiful!

Debby said...

Gorgeous and so well executed too. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!! fabulous use of these stamps! love it!

donna mikasa said...

So beautiful! Love the pops of red--a great choice! Congrats on your win!

Marlena M. said...

Congrats on your win~this is gorgeous! It puts those harvest berries back on my list! ;)

Helen said...

Absolutely stunning card - beautifully done!

Isha Gupta said...

This is a total stunner. Love the mix of stamps too Alyssa :)

Jean Martin said...

OMG girl this is amazing!!!! LOVE the colors and images you used on the card! Thanks for playing with us over at CASE Study! :)

lynda said...

Congrats on winning the CASE challenge! I really like your card, especially how you combined the different stamps!