Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lil’ Inker Designs November Hop Day 3 ~

Welcome to day 3 of the new release for Lil’ Inker Designs!  I have a couple of goodies to show you today.  I’ve got a new set from the Sugar Kissed Cottage line called No Peeking, as well as the new mini bow die!  Hopefully, you’ve bopped on over from Jen’s blog.  If not, head on back to Laura’s to get on the right track!

I decided to make another little gift set for today. 

no peeking mini bow duo

Both the box and card base are stamped with the *No Peeking!* sentiment from the set, as well as some cream polka dots. 

no peeking d

These little guys are so sweet!  I love how she’s shhhsing him.  The image is colored with Copics and Spica pens for lots of glitter and shine!  The ornaments on the tree were dotted with liquid enamel and glitter nail polish.  I did something a little different with the mini bow die…did you spot it yet? 

mini bow present

I cut the looped part of the bow 4 times and put them all together to make a large topper for the present box.  A little button is tied to the center with some embroidery floss.  A little sentiment flag hanging off the edge reminds just one more time to not open it till Christmas!  LOL 

Once I’d made this topper bow, all I could think about was a felt flower for my new purse.  So off I ran to my crafty cave to make one!

mini bow flower

I really wanted this to hold together for a long time, so I actually threaded a needle and sewed the pieces together!!  If you know me at all, this is a very large feat! ;o)  I used 5 of the loopy bow pieces…after it was all done, I didn’t like the knot of the thread, so I glued a button down.  Now I can’t wait to make more of these in lots of sizes!  How cute would the trio of sizes be together!?!  Here are the products I used today

MiniBowDie     SKC_NoPeeking

Ok, so this is a hop!  And this hop has prizes, so don’t forget to comment along the way.  Two secret blogs will have a $10 gift certificate to the Lil’ Inker Designs store picked randomly from the comments.  The more you comment, the better your chances!  Your next stop along this hop is Alicia!  Have a blast, and thank you for stopping by!  :o) lyss

16 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Wonderful projects Alyssa and I must say that felt flower is gorgeous! You are so clever :)

ilovebasteln said...

Wow, the bow on the purse is great. It looks perfect - and would save me so much time. Ops, it's on my wishlist ;-)
Best wishes, Ursina

Mary J said...

So beautiful Alyssa!! Lovin' how you used the bows!

canadian_liner said...

Love your stacked bow-dies! Briliant! And what a great way to use up (old) Xmas-themed scrap-book paper. Love the dimensional colouring on your tree.

Sue D said...

Sweet gift set--love the ornaments on the tree and how you made the bow for the box and your purse!

Liz Lumsden said...

The nostalgic stamp is great and I love your twist using the mini bow! Thanks for sharing.

Mary-Anne V said...

love how you used the mini bow to create such a full bow on the present and the image is very sweet on the card.

Emily said...

Great idea with the flower and bow! I love all the stamping on the box too.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a cute image/scene and I'm loving the gift bow too!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Beautiful! Very clever with the nail polish and the bows are divine!

frommycraftroom said...

Great card. And love the bow. Thanks.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Adorable, love this

maria f. said...

Just love what you did with that bow on top of the gift. Gorgeous.

Tracy said...

Adorable! The gift set is sweet as can be and I love the layered bows, especially the felt one. So pretty! TFS!

Shelly said...

What an awesome set! You colored the image so beautifully. Wow, that bow looks great and the flower is awesome! I can't wait to get these dies!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Shelly

Denise Bryant said...

Great box and card! Love the stacked bow!
deniseB