Saturday, October 13, 2012

Need help catching a little love? ~

Hello there, my crafty friends!  How’s your mojo flowin’?  Mine is spent!  I’ve had a goal to have more than one card in a publication for 2012 – well, I just have to get the happy email in 2012.  I have been submitting like crazy – even making stuff I don’t really like that much – just to get a ton in, in the hopes that I’ll get one of those emails that says, we want x, y and z!!  Well, the past few calls, I haven’t even gotten a happy email.  Ugh.  My first love is coloring, as I’m sure you all know if you follow this blog; however, I don’t ever see very many things that are colored on the pages of the magazine that I tend to submit to.  So I submit things that just aren’t my style a lot of the time.  Oh well!  I’m sure I’ll get back in the groove one of these days…
So after that uber uplifting paragraph, how about a fun little card??  LOL  When I first was accepted for the Lil’ Inker Designs Color Team, I chose to color up this darling little Hamster Cupid from the 2 Cute Ink line.  If you need any help catching a little love, I’m sure he’s the fella to get the job done!
hamster cupid
He’s in some warm greys with little dots of blue and blue violet around him to give the image a little more depth.  The back mat has a few rows of a heart border die in the whole white on white effect.  Plus I added the sweet stitched hearts to give the little guy something to aim at!  I don't know if this really works as CAS but I'll add it to the CAS-ual Fridays challenge #74 - Put your heart into it!  I'm also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp challenge to use dies or punches.
Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!  I’m pooped!  Went to the little man’s last soccer game – in the freezing rain – complete with pizza and award party after, then to his girlfriend’s birthday party at a gymnastics academy, and I’m sick to boot.  Tired!  This little mama needs to put up her feet and *rest my eyes*  Thanks so much for stopping by!!  :o) lyss

11 comments:

Barb said...

I love this! The white on white heart background is so sweet. Your coloring is fabulous (you're right about not many coloring projects reaching the pages of pubs these days...hmmm) but a card like this would be perfect IMHO

thereseimages said...

just adorable! love your hearts background!

Cristin Fransen said...

~lyss,
Just wanted to say thanks for the comments! Loved the stories about Zane and his "heartbeats"! So great! You are a dear and I know you are a great mom! Keep up the good work and get some rest! Hugs!

Chris said...

this is adorable!! you are the coloring master in my books!!

good luck with the pub calls! i got my one in last year and that was enough for me. just not worth all the crap, i'd rather do stuff for my enjoyment. lol

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Such an adorable card! Love it!! Love the great color combo and that sweet image!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

elf1023 said...

Love your card. Great coloring job.

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Eeek - this is darling!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad you did!!

Lisa A. said...

Oh my...tooooo cute, what an adorable image and love how you've surrounded him with hearts:)!! So glad you were a part of this week's challenge at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love all that white! Perfect!

Wida said...

you have to do what you love even if it means no publishing...especially when you can color like this!

Mary J said...

Just gorgeous Alyssa!