Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sweet Baby Giraffe ~

Just popping in with a CAS girl baby card.  I began this ages ago when the CASual Fridays blog was having a circles challenge…then I didn’t get it in on time, but it became a pink challenge…then I didn’t get it in on time again…so it sat in the corner of my little cave waiting to be put together. 

Stumbling around blogland today, I found a new-to-me challenge blog.  It’s from Simon Says Stamp.  This company sponsors tons of challenge blogs, so I guess I didn’t realize that they had their own and that the prize was a $50 gift certificate to be used on the site!!  I actually have shied away from this company in the past because I had heard some rumblings of bad things happening with them.  However, I’m now realizing that this was years in the past and tons of my stamping idols use this site, so I may as well too!  lol

Anywho, the challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog is Animal Antics – use an animal stamp on your card.  I quickly put this together – really quickly since all I really had to do was assemble it and tie on a bow!  Guess that also makes it eligible for the new Craft Dash challenge.  This little baby took me 8 min and 37 seconds.  Even with all the stuff cut out and ready to assemble, I’m still an ultra slow card maker!  Ha!

sweet baby giraffe

Oh, and the fun little thing I found out about the little heart on the giraffe’s bum?  The heart die cut from the tiny tag matches perfectly – great for a little pop up!  Hey, you know, while we’re at it, let’s go ahead and enter this into the Moxie Fab Focal Point challenge as well! 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I’ll be back tomorrow to share the card I made for hubby’s birthday last week!  Have a super Tuesday!  :o) lyss

8 comments:

Lin said...

This could not be sweeter! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge - hope you'll play with us often, and try the store, too!

Paulina said...

What a pretty baby card! I love all the polka dots and the soft and subtle colors.

Thank you for joining us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Super sweet baby card! Love the tiny tag--just got those dies to go with the set you got me!!

Julie E said...

So pretty! Such a sweet tag too :>)

Ginny Larsen said...

such a super cute CUTE cute card :D i love your colors and your stamping, and well, EVERYTHING! you rocked this challenge!

we're so glad you joined us for the 10 Minute Craft Dash--we hope you'll play again! :D

Wida said...

what a pretty card! this belongs in a boutique to be sold!

Chris said...

adorable card! love the giraffe!

Cath said...

Hey Alyssa! Thanks for linking this up to the Focal Point Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)