Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hi there, sweet bee ~

Hello, hello!  I just wanted to pop in and share another little card I had initially made for my first Lil’ Inker Color Team post.  After I saw Judith’s adorable card, I decided I wanted to create with another of the darling images so that I wouldn’t be competing…I’m not big on competition!  lol

This is Sweet Bee.  I paired her up with the hexagon coverplate from PTI. 

sweet bee

I’ll be honest, I thought her wings were a heart that she was carrying…you know, since it has valentine sentiments in the set and all.  That is, I thought that until I really started looking at all the samples of gorgeous cards made with it.  lol  Her little bow is paper pieced and lightly shaded to add some depth.  Pretty simple really.  Oh, and I just poked a hole through the top of the card to keep the twine in place. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you’re having a happy hump day!  :o) lyss

7 comments:

Jay Gee said...

This is adorable Alyssa... love the hexagon background and your colouring is wonderful :)

Laura said...

Just adorable Alyssa! I love the mixed patterns throughout the hexagon backgound! Very sweet card!

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Alyssa.I love this cute Bee too. TFS

Mary J said...

Just so adorable, Alyssa! I love the splash of red!

Wida said...

this is why you are on that team, look at the coloring on this bee! and who likes glitter? THIS girl!

Julie E said...

Sweet! Love the way you filled in the honeycomb with a variety of papers and kept some black. You are just so creative ;>)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Stunning! Words can't accurately describe the level of awesomeness you are on.