Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Color Team New Release Hop {day 4} ~

Hey there!  Today I have the last project of the Lil’ Inker Designs August release.  LIDfeaturingTSKC

This is another sweet little set from the new Sugar Kissed Cottage line called Surprise! 

surprise

These sweet girls are stamped on a rustic cream cardstock and colored with Copics.  I used softer colors because of the vintage style of the image.  I love the sentiment because it looks like the little brunette is actually surprised!  I made the background paper with a stamp set and dots of acrylic paint.  I couldn’t believe that I was unable to find a pink pattern paper in my massive stash that would work!  That’s ok though…I have lots of background building stamp sets!  lol

   surprise d                       surprise flower d

My little whoops on the card: after coloring and cutting out the balloons, I realized I had colored the girls with the light source coming from the upper right.  I had to turn the balloons so their shine would be consistent!  Now you see inside the crazy mind of a perfectionist!  Ha!

SurpiseDon’t forget that there are prizes along the hop!  Comment on everyone’s blogs for a chance to win free stamps!  You should’ve arrived here after traveling ‘across the pond’ from the crazy talented Mary’s blog.  If not, you should bop on back to the Lil’ Inker Designs blog to get the full list of designers.  Your next stop is down under to fantabulous Judith’s blog.  Have fun!  Thanks for stopping by!  :o) alyssa

24 comments:

Mary J said...

So beautiful, Alyssa! Love the papers!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great design to this card! Love how you played up the two girls/two color schemes. Sweet card!

anilkumart said...

I really like your blog!! The title reminds me how blessed I truly am!




Study MBBS in russia
Medical College in russia

Top Medical College in russia

pg medical in russia

anilkumart said...

I really like your blog!! The title reminds me how blessed I truly am!




Study MBBS in russia
Medical College in russia

Top Medical College in russia

pg medical in russia

shelley said...

beautiful card!

Sue D said...

Very sweet card--I like the background paper you made.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice card...love the flower and the way the image comes off the circle mat.

Julianne N said...

You're right the little girl does look surprised! Love how you made the stamped background paper--good thinking!

Karenladd said...

Thanks for the tip on making your own background paper...it looks beautiful! These little vintage girls just make me smile every time!

Laura said...

I would never have guessed that pattern wasn't a print - you've lined everything up flawlessly! I love the out of the box technique on the balloons! Very sweet card!

Linda R. said...

Beautiful...love that you fixed the balloons! Beautiful background too!

frommycraftroom said...

Great card. Love the flower.Thanks.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

The first thing I looked for was where you got that fabulous paper, lol. You made some really great pink designer paper, love it with these images, so darn cute.

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Alyssa! Such a sweet vintage image.

Julie E said...

So sweet and you are just so creative using the paint to make your own PP!

Pam Sparks said...

beautiful coloring and designing! Love your card!

Jennifer said...

Such a wonderful pair these two make! Love your colouring!

Kailash said...

Such a beautiful card, great coloring and colors!!

Houses Built of Cards said...

SOOOO cute! And again - beautiful colors!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Leigh Ann Baird said...

What a sweet image! You are such a freak perfectionist. LOL I love it!

Niki Estes said...

Oh, this is so cute! I love these vintage images you've been using. Great colors and design, too!

Chris said...

adorable card! sweet images!

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Search Engine Marketing Company in india
Search Engine Optimization Company in india
Digital Marketing Company in india
Social Media Optimization Company in india
top web design companies
website design company
best website design companies
Website Design Companies
web development company india
web design company india

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

Deals
best deals
travel deals
Cheap Deals
laptop deals
tv deals
online deals
best buy deals
great deals
camera deals