Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Color Team New Release Hop {day 3} ~

Hello, hello!  So glad to see you back here today!  We have something extremely exciting to share…
LIDfeaturingTSKC
Lil’ Inker Designs has teamed up with a new illustrator, Lindsey Amschler, to bring you a vintage style line.  It’s called The Sugar Kissed Cottage and you’re just going to love it!  Since it’s back to school time here in my little town in Colorado, (in fact my little guy has his first day at preschool today) I thought it only appropriate to show you the new School Girl.
school girl
Too bad for me that *she* is not a little *he*, otherwise his teacher (our neighbor) would be getting this card with a little treat!  This little sweetie is stamped on vanilla paper and colored with Copics.  That background paper is a free digi printable I found on Pinterest.  You can get your own copy here.  The ribbon is my attempt at dyeing my own seam binding.  I used a Copic reinker in a little plastic baggie…I was too impatient to get it on the card though, so I didn’t crinkle it.  Too messy for me!  I’ll be buying pre-dyed seam binding!  lol
SchoolGirl
The sentiment is just one of nine included with this little set.  These are great for both cardmaking and scrapbooking – gotta love that! 
school girl d  You should’ve arrived here from the lovely Judith’s blog.  If you’re just starting out here, make sure you bop on back to the Lil’ Inker Designs blog to see and comment on all the wonderful creations along the way!  Don’t forget, you have a chance to win free stamps! 
Your next stop is the uber guber talented Amy Kolling (seriously, this gal is a stamping Idol!!)  Have fun on the hop!  Thanks for stopping by!  :o) alyssa

26 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Alyssa! This is super cute! What a perfect find with the background paper! I love how you coordinated her outfit to match! I adore this new line so much! Thanks for letting me hop with you talented Color gals! :)

Jay Gee said...

LOL... I think your seam binding turned out gorgeous and so is your card. Such a fun design and the paper is perfect :)

Mary J said...

Such a gorgeous card, Alyssa - those papers are perfect and the ribbon sets it off perfectly!

Miriam Prantner said...

Perfect back to school card! The coloring is wonderful!

shelley said...

Awesome card!

Laura said...

That paper was a great find - just perfect for this card! Love how you've colored her, and I really like the layout on this one! Awesome card!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Alyssa, your card is so cute! Love your color choices!!! Thank you!
Can't wait to participate in the blog hop tomorrow!

Lindsey
Sugar Kissed Cottage

Niki Estes said...

Very cute! I love that paper and the cute image!

Isha said...

Gorgeous card Alyssa. Love love it. Perfect pattern paper too:)

Linda Beeson said...

Boy, she is just right for school, isn't she! Adorable!

Karen B. said...

Ooh, you've brought her to life! Great card!

Barb said...

beautiful! what a sweet image, your coloring is perfect :) i don't have patience to dye my own ribbon...hug snug (on etsy) is how i roll!

frommycraftroom said...

Love your card. Fabulous colouring. Thanks.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Cute card! Excellent coloring!

Lisa

Julie E said...

Darling!!!

Sue D said...

Very sweet back to school card.

Mary-Anne V said...

Cute card...love how you matted all the different elements... the pp is just perfect.

Karenladd said...

Great background paper and love the colors you used! These images are wonderful!

Linda R. said...

Your little girl is so adorable..great card!

Cynthia said...

Great vintage design and coloring, Alyssa.

Jennifer said...

She's just so very sweet! I love how you've laid out your card and how you used the sentiment!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

ACKKKK, this is so adorable, I love it, great dp to pair her with and the card design is awesome.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Ooooo...love this image - and your card! And your bow is beautiful!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love the seam binding! I'm like you, I dyed some once and it's too messy and I'm lazy...:) Love the card! You are amazing as usual!

jessy said...

I really like your blog it's really nice.

web design company in bangalore
web designing companies in bangalore
web development companies in bangalore
web design company bangalore
web designing company in bangalore

jessy said...

Cool Blog!!

Beats by dr dre
jbl headphones
harman kardon
house of marley