Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lovely Layers Celebrate ~

Hi friends!  Not a very creative title, I know.  I just can’t think of anything!  In the midst of all the sympathy card making, I also had to make a birthday card for my brother’s girlfriend, Sarrah.  I simply adore her!  Therefore, not just any card would do…I couldn’t just pick one out of my stash, I had to make one with her in mind.  Which is why I have a gazillion cards on hand at all times! ;o)  I’m sure none of you other crafters are like that, right?!

I recently got her to try out the slippery slope of Pinterest and noticed that she loves turquoise/teal and purple.  Yay!  I had a jumping point for my card.  Plus, I got the new Lovely Layers and dies from PTI {took for-freakin’-ever to get in the mail!!!} so I just had to use those.  CAS is what is speaking to me lately.  I can’t get excited about coloring with my Copics and I feel a little guilty about that.  Oh well…here’s the card that this post is really about!  lol

lovely layers sarrah

Wow!  I didn't realize how hard it is to see the difference in the colors on the computer.  Ok, so the leaves are memento new sprout and su! wild wasabi.  The petals are pti aqua mist and hawaiian shores.  The center is memento summer sky and pti enchanted evening followed by…I don’t remember!  I played with so many inks, I’m not sure what I ended up with, but it may be ranger distress dusty concord and su! almost amethyst.

lovely layers sarrah d

I have some really thin dimensional foam stickers that I used between each layer.

The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps Say It Loud.  As usual with my sentiments, it is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black and clear embossed.  I highly recommend doing this with your sentiments, or at least stamping them with the Versafine.  It’s so worth it!

The inside was stamped with a mixture of PTI and Waltzingmouse.  I’m super happy with this card and these beautiful stamps!  What have you gotten lately that you love?  I’ll be ordering tonight right at release from Papertrey.  I must have the new Sweet Life and dies…I’m hoping I’ll be one of the first 100 and actually have my order packed and shipped in a timely fashion.  We shall see…

Will anyone else be racing the clock to order tonight?  Have a super Sunday!  I’m off to ride my new cruiser bike with the hubby and the little!  Toodles ;o) lyss

4 comments:

Wida said...

I came to see the card...I love it, your execution is superb and that sentiment is a great balance to the design. It is certainly worthy of a comment.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Holy #@*%, this is gorgeous. The colors, all the white space. Just perfect.

Michelle said...

Alyssa, I know you made this card a while ago, but I've only just found it and I wanted to let you know that I love it! It's so pretty! :-)

Luanne said...

This is beautiful!