Friday, July 20, 2012

Lil’ Inker Excitement ~

Hello, hello!  I’m so excited to be able to share some news with you today that I’ve been keeping a secret for what seems way too long!  I am proud to announce that I am part of the brand spankin’ new Lil’ Inker Designs Color Team!! 

Initially, this team was formed to showcase and preview the 2 Cute Ink line of stamps; however, during the process of choosing a team, a new illustrator has joined!  There will be a new line of stamps the Color Team will be playing with.  So exciting!  You’re going to want to stay tuned because we are gearing up for a new release of three 2 Cute Ink stamps in August, as well as a few images from the new line!    Now onto some crafty goodness…
Since Jen del Muro was the first to open my eyes to this darling stamp line with this card, I thought it only fitting to follow her July Sketch for You to Try
I used the adorable Cocoa Bear for this card.  I wanted to try the *fur* technique (or at least that’s what I’m calling it) to add texture to him.  Since I’d never tried it before, I took a couple pics along the way.  The first shows you the little guy all colored up with a swatch of the washcloth I used to add the texture.  I then dampened the washcloth with colorless blender solution and laid it on top of the image.
IMG_9537  IMG_9540
Oh geez!  Sorry, that swatch is smaller than I remember it being when I edited the photos!  lol  It was only to give you an idea anyway. ;o)  I can tell you that I was not happy with the result.  So I colored over him again with the lightest of the browns I’d used to color him to remove some of the texture.  I won’t let this stop me though.  I’ll just have to keep trying to find a cloth with the right tooth…or whatever you call it!  Here he is in all his glory!
sfytt july cocoa bear
I had colored over the whites of his eyes, so I added them back with a white gel pen.  His hat and mittens are paper pieced and lightly shaded, and there’s some white fluff on the pom of his hat and some liquid pearls on the marshmallows in his cocoa.  Lucky guy!  It’s kind of hard to see, but he’s matted on a couple of Spellbinders Labels 3 die cuts for a different type of mat.
Cocoa Bear is actually the second card that I created.  I didn’t want to showcase a stamp that one of my teammates had already shared, so I started a new card this morning (Wednesday as I’m typing this).  That just means I’ll have more Lil’ Inker goodness to share later on this month!
Ok, I’ll let you all off the hook now.  If you’ve read to the bottom,
1. thank you!
2. you can see the official release of all the Lil’ Inker Designs Color Team here on the Lil’ Inker Designs blog
3. be sure to leave comments for everyone!  There is a prize hidden on one of the new team members blogs!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

20 comments:

Jen said...

Congrats on your dt spot! Your card is adorable!

Miriam Prantner said...

So cute! Congratulations! This team is so talented!

Mary J said...

What a great technique Alyssa - I gotta try that! Love that sweet sweet card!

So pleased to be on the same team as you Alyssa!

Laura said...

Hi Alyssa! I'm so excited to be teaming up with you! Your card is adorable! Can't wait to see more! :)

Julie E said...

Whooo Hoooo Alyssa!!! You completely deserve to be on a "color team" 'cause YOU ROCK!!!
Cute card - so fun with the paper piecing. At least if you start buying towels your husband won't know that you are really trying out new crafting supplies ;>)

Isha said...

What a co-incidence :) I saw technique like this today morning and was thinking of trying but had no courage...now you gave me the inspiration and motivation Teamie...lol.
This card, coloring and technique all are just Stunning. Congratulations and looking forward to know you better :)

Laura Pryor said...

Alyssa, this is totally great and I love that you shared that technique. I really like the end result. So looking forward to working together!
~Laura

Jen Carter said...

Congratulations!! Welcome to the LID team!! I LOVE your card!! Your coloring is awesome and the colors are so much fun!

Jay Gee said...

Yay Alyssa, I am so happy to get to work with you on this fabulous team! Sorry you had to create a second card, but it was worth it... this is gorgeous :)

Diana said...

Congrats!! I love your card, so very cute!

bdcampers@msn.com

Karenladd said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute card and image. And thanks for the tutorial on getting that textured effect! I'm still learning how to color these stamped images.

Mary-Anne V said...

congrats on joining the team. Love your card and thanks for the detailed post today.

SHartl said...

Congrats on making the Design team! What a super adorable card! I love how you saved the eyes by coloring over with a gel pen! Wish I could color as well

Wida said...

Wohoo! that is so great! Those images are so darling, I stink at coloring so I am very impressed. Look forward to seeing your stuff!

Sue D said...

Congrats! Very cute bear and card. I like the papers you used and layout. I haven't tried the washcloth technique yet

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Congrat's your coloring is fabulous! Love how you used this cute image with the sketch, so great.

Houses Built of Cards said...

YAY!!! Congrats - and beautiful card!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Ronni said...

adorable card! love the paper and the image. great job.

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Gorgeous! Welcome to the team too!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Congrats! They are lucky to get you and I mean that sincerely! Your card is adorable!